Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner Help Or Help Not Needed?

hi all new to the forum i know it has been covered many times but as a new own still not sure on what models are what.

basically i am a Jag man and recently brought a lovely XJ8 from a local main vauxhall dealer. Short story really they sold a dangerous car and had to go down legal route to get money back.

I was searching around on auto trader for another Jag and found a lovely 2001 GS430 SE with nav. went down to the dealer went on a drive loved it but it had few small things, first of the brakes didn't feel good and alignment was slightly off.

right to stop rabbiting on the brakes felt stiff but i am used to jags i noticed that the brake fluid was low and i think pads are on the low side too but no warning lights while driving. The car is getting an MOT tuesday and i am hoping to pick her up that afternoon.

my question is i seen that the facelift doesn't suffer from this master cylinder problem is this true and how do i tell if i have a facelift car. As new to these cars can't tell the difference, also if this car does have the master cylinder problem would it fail the MOT on it.

I know i am worrying about nothing and the car just needs fluid and a good bleed maybe new pads, just after reading what was on here thinking the worst.

sorry if i have posted in the wrong part of the forum or wrong subject just excited to try the new car. Love my jaguars but i thought maybe this time try japanese luxury as should be more reliable, and my god that 4.3V8 what an engine.

As Mike says, the GS 430 didn't suffer from this problem as it was not available pre facelift. Hope it's sorted by the time you buy it. They are really good motors. They are relatively heavy on brake pads.

I can only backup what has already been said. No such issue with the GS430.

Congrats on your choice. Hopefully they will have sorted the brake issues, on mine, they perform superbly. Seizing calipers and/or slide pins are a couple of things to check. Slide pins especially, which are also an easy fix.

Thanks guys can tell you every model and variant of jaguar for the last 50 years but my first lexus

guess i was just worried can't wait to take delivery hopefully tuesday if car passes MOT ok.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links