Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400H Service Schedule

Good morning

I'm looking to purchase a Lexus RX400h for my wife. We went to see one yesterday, which we both like. It's a 1 owner ex fleet car and had a print out of all of the services it had received but no service book.

The car has done just over 100,000 miles and was last serviced at 90k in February.

I've searched online to try and find out what the service schedule should be but there seems to be a fair bit of ambiguity. I pointed out to the trader that the car probably needs a service because it's 10k since the last one - he says that it only needs an oil change, which he's happy to do.

However, I can't see that the car has had its cam belt changed and am worried about exactly what needs to be done at 100k and onwards.

Can anyone tell me what the definitive service schedule is, and assuming that the car has been main dealer serviced, will Lexus be able to tell me whether the history is completely up to date?

Many thanks

Steve

Good morning

I'm looking to purchase a Lexus RX400h for my wife. We went to see one yesterday, which we both like. It's a 1 owner ex fleet car and had a print out of all of the services it had received but no service book.

The car has done just over 100,000 miles and was last serviced at 90k in February.

I've searched online to try and find out what the service schedule should be but there seems to be a fair bit of ambiguity. I pointed out to the trader that the car probably needs a service because it's 10k since the last one - he says that it only needs an oil change, which he's happy to do.

However, I can't see that the car has had its cam belt changed and am worried about exactly what needs to be done at 100k and onwards.

Can anyone tell me what the definitive service schedule is, and assuming that the car has been main dealer serviced, will Lexus be able to tell me whether the history is completely up to date?

Many thanks

Steve

No proper service book, forget the car. It has probably been serviced regularly as a fleet car but this problem will haunt the vehicle for ever.

Thanks for the reply.

I've bought cars previously which were ex lease and without original service book. In my experience, as long as you are able to track the servicing through main dealer network, then there isn't any problem.

And this isn't really my question - I really want to know what needs to be done and when eg cam belt, plugs, brake fluids etc?

Many thanks

Steve

The 400h requires an Intermediate service every 10,000 miles or 1 year whichever comes first. Also a Full service every 20,000 miles or 2 years WCF.

The engine has a cambelt which should be changed at 100,000 miles.

Other replacements:

Spark plugs 60,000 miles

Brake fluid 2 years

Engine coolant 100,000 miles

Inverter coolant 100,000 miles

Air filter 40,000 miles/4 years

pollen filter At full service

Thanks very much for the detailed response.

Am now in negotiations with the seller

If I was being kind, I'd say he didn't realise how extensive the 100k service was...

...if I was being kind!

Cheers

Steve

I would give Lexus a call too, if any of the servicing was done by them, they will corroborate the print out, they did this for me when I bought my GS430 Sport which had a replacement book that I wanted to double check.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links