Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

300-400H, Will We Regret It?

Hello not posted on here for a while but here it goes. Weve had our RX300 se-l for 18 months now and as much as we love it we've had our fair share of issues, luckily the Superb Lexus warranty covered us for as good as everything.

Looks like we may now have another issue now as one of our shocks may of gone on the front (the near side one was replaced 6 months ago) so if it has were looking at £800+ bill. If this is the case then we want shut so were after a 400h now, we love the RX car and as much as we were lucky with having the warranty, then without it we would of been nearly 4k out of pocket.

Just a few questions really before we possibly make the leap,

does the 400h SE basically have the same spec as the RX300 se-l? from what i can see it does and on the 400se-l it means you get the teles in the back.

Does the 400 have air suspension? dont want this again as this is the main reason behond our £800 bills for shocks. Also i dont think ive ever nticed the wafting experiance people go on about, only thing we may miss is the fact the car will lower down for my wife to get in (shes only 5ft haha)

Ive also looked through as good as every post on here that i can find to do with the mpg, if the figures are correct then i reckon we'll be saving nearly £150 a month on fuel. Our 300 averages 20mpg, from the majority of the threads ive read then we'll be looking at near 30 in the 400.

Hoping to get one around 06 plate with hopefully around 70k or less on the clock. Will there be anything we should look out for or avoid? When we got our 300 it had 92k on the clock and we got hit for the big service within the first year of having it so we'd like ot avoid anything like that agin.

Thanks for looking and any replies

Ste

Th RX400H does not have air suspension as there was no space for a compressor. You are correct to expect consumption c30mpg with seasonal variations. Mine certyainly does not go beneath 30mpg.

There are many differences in technical specifications on the RX400 but creature comforts are the same more or less.

does the 400h SE basically have the same spec as the RX300 se-l? from what i can see it does and on the 400se-l it means you get the teles in the back.

Dunno but I believe that the difference between 400SE + Multimedia and 400SE-L is the rear screens if that helps at all.

Ive also looked through as good as every post on here that i can find to do with the mpg, if the figures are correct then i reckon we'll be saving nearly £150 a month on fuel. Our 300 averages 20mpg, from the majority of the threads ive read then we'll be looking at near 30 in the 400.

I get 28mpg with quite a bit of short town journeys mixed with longer stuff. When I take the average for longer journeys in/out of town I get more like 31mpg.

Hoping to get one around 06 plate with hopefully around 70k or less on the clock. Will there be anything we should look out for or avoid?

If the inverter dies then its a four figure sum to fix if outside warranty. The hybrid bits have a longer warranty than everything else but I forget how long exactly. I'll be changing mine just before it gets that old!

Hello not posted on here for a while but here it goes. Weve had our RX300 se-l for 18 months now and as much as we love it we've had our fair share of issues, luckily the Superb Lexus warranty covered us for as good as everything.

Looks like we may now have another issue now as one of our shocks may of gone on the front (the near side one was replaced 6 months ago) so if it has were looking at £800+ bill. If this is the case then we want shut so were after a 400h now, we love the RX car and as much as we were lucky with having the warranty, then without it we would of been nearly 4k out of pocket.

Just a few questions really before we possibly make the leap,

Does the 400 have air suspension? dont want this again as this is the main reason behond our £800 bills for shocks. Also i dont think ive ever nticed the wafting experiance people go on about, only thing we may miss is the fact the car will lower down for my wife to get in (shes only 5ft haha)

Hoping to get one around 06 plate with hopefully around 70k or less on the clock. Will there be anything we should look out for or avoid? When we got our 300 it had 92k on the clock and we got hit for the big service within the first year of having it so we'd like ot avoid anything like that agin.

Thanks for looking and any replies

Ste

Hi I have a lexus rx300 on a w reg plate I have had it for 6 years and I have to say its been fab I have never had any real probs with it at all, never had any expensive bills in the hundreds just the usual service bills. I am selling as just bought a rx400 sport. My old lexus is superb to drive the new one I have to say is not as smooth the spec inside is the same (depending on the model you go for). As far as consumption is concerned its how you drive to be honest. If you drive within the speed limit and do 60 on the motorway you will get 32mpg but if you drive fast you will reduce that considerably. I have become more aware of my driving since buying the 400 but have to say when my rx300 goes I WILL BE SAD as its been a great family car

Thanks everyone for the replies, the fact that it doesnt have air suspension is a bit of a relief, all we have to do now is find a good one, ive got my dealer that we originally bought our 300 off looking for one, preferably were after a low mileage one hopefully below 70k , its strange when you start looking though how few rx400 there are about. Prefer to get one from a dealer though so we get the fantastic warranty that they offer

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links