Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just returned from a road trip, I had to go to job interview in Southern Finland so I drove in one day 1018km from north to south and back, mostly roads were 80km/h or 100km/h ones, and I used cruise control all the way, no air con tough.

The petrol consumption was 35mpg, that is 8.1l/100km for 1900kg heavy 5-speed automatic V8 car,

amazing result I have to say.

And since the car is Lexus, I did not need to worry that I would stuck in the side of the road.

I now have a mk111 95, I am getting 35mpg m/way driving, before this i had 2 mk1V's & think i was around the 30mpg mark on m/ways, all at 56mph, out of interest how can you calculate more or less exactly? I mean sirjohn has 30.5mpg & I have seen quite a few on here with quite exact figs, mine are educated guesses combined with there is very little the Lexus claims about the 400 thats not accurate to a T, best cars ever made if looked after, even if they don't have a TV.....lol

I now have a mk111 95, I am getting 35mpg m/way driving, before this i had 2 mk1V's & think i was around the 30mpg mark on m/ways, all at 56mph, out of interest how can you calculate more or less exactly? I mean sirjohn has 30.5mpg & I have seen quite a few on here with quite exact figs, mine are educated guesses combined with there is very little the Lexus claims about the 400 thats not accurate to a T, best cars ever made if looked after, even if they don't have a TV.....lol

The easiest way Dave, if you remember to do it... is to brim the car full (or fill to the first click - this works accurately only if you use the same pump next time); drive your test journey, then fill up again. Note the mileage, convert litres to gallons, divide t'one by t'other, and you've got your MPG figure for that journey.

IIRC, the Mk4 has a fuel computer, so you can just read the MPG off the dash? I'm slightly surprised none of the earlier Lexii had computers (e.g. trip time, fuel usage, stopwatch, yada yada) - my early '80s Ford had one...

Our Mk4 did a tank full at 31mpg last month - 70-75mph motorway cruise. Fuel display on the trip computer was nearly exactly the same as the brim to brim calculation. We were impressed...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links