Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone - first post, so I would like to begin by saying hi!

I've got a ex-demo 250 F-Sport being delivered next week, which I'm looking forward to.

I just wanted to see if many people have gone for the Lexus servicing plan.

The dealer has quoted me £42 p/m for 2 years + deposit of £120 odd - ie £1055 in total (but gives you 3 years of servicing...), which at first glance seems quite reasonable. On the other hand the salesman told me servicing was usually no more than £200.

What's the general opinion?

It depends. I forget what I paid but the 20k is more than the 10k/30k and the 40k is bigger still. Certainly the 40k was over £200. It might be worth asking the price of each service from your dealer as they do vary quite a bit between dealers. I was tempted to pay for a service plan in one go when the VAT rate went up but was about to change my car. They said it would carry over to the new car but I guess there's some sort of adjustment and I decided not to bother.

Yeah I will ask my local dealer.

I guess the selling point is being able to spread the cost.

I might as well admit it and get it out in the open, but my current car is a Toyota Aygo :P , and the servicing costs are/were £150 - £175 from Toyota, so I assumed being a 2.5l Lexus, the costs would have been astronomical in comparison, and thought the dealer was trying to pull the wool, as it were...

At £200ish a pop, it's not so bad!

I only wish the difference in fuel consumption was as similar :lol:

Lexus has to types of services, an intermidiate service which is around £200 plus parts and a full which is obviously more, Lexus also do 2 year plans which will give you both services for a fix price plus parts outside of the normal service consumables

ever thought about independent block exemption servicing? keep your warranty intact and save you plenty money in the mean time.as for service intervals, i would never go any further than 10k between oil changes or 20k for the other filter (+ plugs in a petrol)i do my is200 every 6k miles

ever thought about independent block exemption servicing? keep your warranty intact and save you plenty money in the mean time.as for service intervals, i would never go any further than 10k between oil changes or 20k for the other filter (+ plugs in a petrol)i do my is200 every 6k miles

Yeah I suppose block exemption could be worth looking at. While this doesn't affect your warranty, would it prevent you from being able to extend the warranty (should you choose to do so) after the car is 3 years old? I'm probably going to keep mine for 4 years, but always like the idea of having warranty on the car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links