Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc430 - How Many Registered In Uk?

Fred Bassett

621 licensed in the 3rd quarter of last year.

Thanks for the information.

Might be interesting to start a thread spotting our cars, in my case SC430.

The figure of 621 is disappointing, as this means the vehicle will only become more scarce as the years draw on!

A lot of early cars have been messed around and scrapped. I picked up a 2001 registered car as salvage this weekend from a dealer in Canvey island., Essex. It only has 59k miles. As far as I have been able to ascertain, the mileage is genuine. It was supplied by Lexus Nottingham, and has only one owner. I have been in touch with the previous owner to get more information and any documentation he might still hold. The vehicle has been written off for insurance purpose, but it has not been in a major collision. Cosmetically, it has seen better days. Even the keys are falling apart! I estimate it will take no more than £1.2k to bring the vehicle back to an excellent condition.

The colour combination is unusual ; an almost black, dark green, off white interior, and light wood finish.

This is my summer restoration project. I will either sell it, or keep it and sell on my 2002 SC430. If I do keep it, I will add a Vaistech SLU, spare wheel in the boot, rear view camera, tv tuner and NSV flush mounted Bluetooth, and some chrome 5 star hubcaps. This will bring the total restoration costs to around £2.5k

No matter what the figure is, the question is 'are we going to have classic cars in the future'?

Consider this.

We love our big engined car - the poor mpg is acceptable, the so-called green tax rate of £460 (23 March 2006+) an annoyance, but we pay it as our vehicle is our everyday mainstay that helps maintain our balance and sanity of life!

What happens when we move on, purchase a newer vehicle and our previous pride and joy is a second or third car?

Do we keep this vehicle on the road, or just trade it in for a bad price and don't care if the vehicle is scrapped!

In my opinion vehicles over a certain age should fall into a lower group of tax. Most vehicles such as these are only used on occasional bases which do not significantly contribute to the green house gasses.

This is perhaps why certain vehicles are scrapped, as opposed to being kept on the road.

The government state they are green, but which is the greener.

A vehicle, such as the Prius with low mpg but with high energy costs in sourcing and assembling the vehicle, or an older vehicle which just but takes an occasional trip out on Sunday!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links