Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking To Become A Lexus Owner

I'm looking to change from my Prius Tspirt 04 for an IS 250 SE-L MM Auto 2007 model.

But really struggling to locate one with the black leather interior and exterior in grey/silver with decent mileage. So I've started looking at the SE with Nav and the Mark Levinson sound system, but I'm trying to figure out the exact difference, between them? Can anyone define the differences?

Also, what would you regard has high mileage?

Thanks

Chris

Can't help you with the differences, but they should be easy to pick up from the IS250 forum here.

As to high mileage, I find the IS250's to not age as well as their predecessor IS200/IS300. Bit too much focus on the American market (same goes for the difference between a Mk2 and Mk3 GS in my opinion). Then again, if you go for a high miler, a Lexus is probably the safest bet you have. ... and I am actually a Mercedes fan :lol:

Why not save yourself a lot of cash though and get an former model IS300 ? These engines are known to be absolutely bulletproof (still the straight six and not the V6), super smooth and the car ages very very well.

With what you'd pay for an IS300 now, you will lose only few hundred quid over the next 3 years and you will be driving virtually for free.

A 4-5 year old IS250 still fetches £8500-9000 and will plummet to £3000-4000 in 3 years.

My two cent.

Hello, scroll to the end of this .PDF file for the differences. I won't list them here.

http://www.siwhite.co.uk/images/ISSeriesWhite160101.pdf

Personally I really detest the wooden inlays so went for an SE MM ML in silver with black leather.

Just use the used car searches on the Lexus web sites or Autotrader to target what you are after.

High mileage is a subjective subject I guess and good luck with your search.

I love mine.

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links