Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No Brakes

Deafluggs

Hi everyone.

I'm a bit stuck, put new front brake calipers on today but i can't get the system to bleed at all.

There's plenty of fluid in the resevoir but none coming out the bleed screws ?????

any ideas as my boss is groaning at all the days off i'm having :msn-oh:

It can take some time to get the fluid into the pipes,hoses and then to fill the calipers,years ago I had to replace a clutch slave cylinder and it tooks lots of pumps before the fluid actually got there and I thought at one point the new cylinder was faulty.

Did you clamp off the flexible hoses before disconnection from the caliper to minimise fluid loss?

How are you dong the bleeding? if you are using a "one man bleed tube, a bit of rubber pipe that fits over the nipple with a one way valve make sure the end in submerged in brake fluid as they can suck air back in.

It may be worth investing or borrowing a vacuum bleed kit such as in the link below.

Just make sure the reservoir level is kept topped up.

http://www.ebay.co.u...f#ht_1572wt_907

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the wife to pump the pedal :devil: while i unscrew the bleed nipple with hose attatched into a clean bottle of dot 3 brake fluid.

Went outside just to check" as you do" and i have some sort of brake a,very mushy feel to the pedal.

I'll go through the bleeding scenario tomorrow with all 4 wheels off but keeping two studs on each brake disc to prevent warping while i bleed the system, this poxy weather doesn't help either.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links