Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Induction Kit Help/advice Or Tips?

lil_rob

Hi there guys just a quick question i have made and fitted my own induction kit as many of us is200 owners have.....

my question is, the air flow meter sensor (or what i assume it is) plugs into the side of the standard airbox obviously there is no place for this with the induction kit..... it has brought on my engine management light and i was just wondering what the remedy is for this? Do i just simply drill a hole in either the alloy pipe or one of the silicon hoses and mount in there? from what i can see i would have to extend the wires on the loom to do this..... one of my friends has told me if the car uses a cambus system i cannot do this as it works on voltage or something? i am more into mechanics then electicals so its not really my forte

Also there is a breather pipe that plugs into the airbox what do i do with this do i just block it off? leave it hanging or do i agen have to adapt what i have already made to accomadate it?

anyone that has already done this or has any idea what i should do any advice would be great help

Cheers guys

p.s sorry if its abit of a dunce question just want to make sure i get it right

• 2 months later...

you can pull out the wires from the oxygen sensor and put it in either the alloy pipe or silicone pipe... as long as you make sure that the hole is sealed. there are numerous of pictures here on DIY induction kits so i'd say have a look at them ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links