Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

400 Or 430?, That Is The Question.

Well, I've spent many hours reading posts on here and scouring eBay, autotrader, car auctions etc, etc.

I'm not 100% decided, but I'm leaning toward a late model LS400 for around £2k, as opposed to an early LS430 for around £3k.

There are three or four cracking looking 1999/2000 cars around for £2-3k, including a couple at dealers with warranty.

I need to sell our MX5, but will probably ring the dealers tomorrow for a price to change, you never know your luck.

My thinking is that the 400 seems a more reliable option, and paying a top end price for a 400 might be wiser than buying a bottom end 430.

I'd be interested to hear your opinions, particularly if you've had both.

Thanks in advance - Mike.

At lot of members on here believe that the last of the LS400s Series 4) were the best model in that all the problems in earlier versions,not that there were too many problems anyway, were all sorted out by the time this car was designed and built.

The build quality is also said to be better on the LS400 also.

You also have basically the same engine (VVTI) with just 300cc less capacity.

Which ever way you go service history is a must on either, check the number of previous owners if there are many ask yourself why.

I was looking for a late model LS400 last year after mine was involved in an accident and I couldn't find a decent one but since then I have seen some very nice examples at very good prices but had mine repaired instead.

I don't know if one of our members Chris Skelton is still selling his series 4 as he changes his mind all the time, the reason being he knows what a good car it is and will never find another like it but it may be worth sending him a PM.

Edit, just checked and it sold I'm afraid.

Hi,

I owned LS400 '92, LS400'99 and now LS430'01 and latest model (430) is much, much better then LS400..

More comfortable, navigation is updatable (DVD), seats ventilated, turning radius improved, audio can be controlled from driver wheel buttons, more horsepower, driver seat has more options, suspension has additional mode - sport. I had two cars in the same time LS400 (very strong condition) and LS430 (need to be invested) and after two weeks of driving on LS430 I decided to sell LS400 (with no regret).

Thanks both for your posts, I can see advantages to both - waiting for a call back from a dealer with a nice mk4 - better sit down before he tells me how little my Mazda is worth on this cold winters day. :o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links