Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie - Is300 Sportcross 51 Plt. Questions For You!

Chunky Monkey

Hi Folks,

Just bought me a IS300 sportcross.

I didn't really set out to buy a lexus I was just after a reliable auto estate. searching around LED me to the lexus and I'm very glad it did. FSH, 70k, imaculate in and out.

after travelling 60miles to see it and after a 1/2 hour drive the decision was very simple.

I had a nosey on the forum before I went to view the car and found it quite good at a quick glance. So there you go, I thought i'd join up.

Now I've a couple of questions for you:

1. I would like a towbar and a eBay search has throw some up but they state not for sportcross....anyone got one, any info?

2. My tyres are ok at the mo, but I've got goodyears on the front and uniroyals on the back. Can anyone tell me the best tyres to go for

I dont want sticky track tyres, some thing that wears well but doesn't break away too easy.....if you know what I mean.

3. anyone know where I can get a good boot liner?

4. Anything to watch out for?

Thats it for now, :winky:

Thanks, Mark.

Hi welcome I've just bought a sportcross myself last week.

Kumo's are pretty hard wearing and were grippy enough on a friend of mine's TT supra

if you find a decent boot liner can you also let me know, I've found a universal one on eBay but would rather a car specific one and one thats like a tray rather than a mat, I've also found a saloon one on eBay too, unless the saloon boot floor is the same as the estate ? (i've a sneaky feeling it might be)

Universal

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS200-1999-05-Boot-protector-water-resistant-Liner-dog-pet-floor-Mat-/280771495995?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415f49083b

saloon (the picture is just for illustration unfortunately)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RUBBER-BOOT-LINER-MAT-LEXUS-IS200-IS300-IS250-SC-RX-/220857330179?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item336c1f6a03

HI Folks, i have just bought an IS300 Sportcross, 54plate with only 53000 miles. love the car but i got it knowing the sat-nav didnt work. the screen works but the main stereo head unit has been replaced with a sony aftermarket unit. can anyone help?? i have the original head unit and i am assured that it works. the only thing i know is missing is the nav ariel that goes behind the glovebox.... the nav unit is in the boot as it should be.... is this a common fault??? help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links