Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is F With Upgrade?

Hi

When I buy my IS F I want to get one with the upgrades, I know that they came out roughly in Feb 2010 but is there an exact cut off date I need to look out for, or chassis number??

My local dealer has an 10 plate one in that he tells me it has the LSD but not the other upgrades?

Thanks

Suspension changes affect MY 2011 on. Otherwise the remaining upgrades are optional LSD, extra body colour, just tinkering with SatNav/Audio/Displays & DRLs at the expense of losing adaptive headlights.

Oh also - £10k increase in list price.

Model Year 11 changes were significant ----see RoadFlys Road Test on You-Tube:whilst Factory spec & options were better too.

I drove my first ISF in 2008 & then a 2008 in 2011 against 2011 model @ a Lexus Open Road event to confirm the improvements & whether the new dash was easy to read & likened the 2011 Version to be a rocket propelled derivative of my then 250 SEL Auto on 18" Hoshis----My view is the Mk1 from 2007 to 2010 is Track-biased whilst the Mk2 2011 changes have enhanced the every day ride without sacrificing Track Performance .

Tel

When did model year 2011 cars become available?

2011. Adaptive front suspension gives a better ride on lumpy roads.

Update to my description of current options. They are wheels (2 sorts), white seats & sunroof. LSD is now standard.

The ISF sold very slowly after 2008.There are no MY2009. Dealers have MY2010 onwards available at good prices - often "ex-demo" etc. to shift them.

The main reason to buy MY2011 over MY2010 is if you find the drive of earlier versions too harsh - I don't. Or if you fancy the electric blue colour - for me a bit tacky.

The main reason to buy MY2010 over MY 2008 is a better layout of some controls, not sure that late ones with Thorsen LSD have very much advantage over the earlier electronic control.

Satnav & multimedia are improved after MY2008.

Seems to be quite a bit on confusion in this thread. The following is correct but may not list every addition.

MY2008: Initial IS-F

MY2010: Added LSD (Standard) upgraded Sat Nav with HDD and DAB, white leather, Ultra Sonic Blue colour available

MY2011: Suspension and steering changes, sport button moved to steering wheel, console changes with large rev counter, DRL

So if I want a car that has the updated sat nav with full postcode search, LTD slip diff,sun roof and DAB radio what is the earliet year I can get?

I dont want white leather, or blue car!

BTW what does MY mean?

So if I want a car that has the updated sat nav with full postcode search, LTD slip diff,sun roof and DAB radio what is the earliet year I can get?

I dont want white leather, or blue car!

BTW what does MY mean?

MY = Model Year

For those things you will need a 2010, however just because it's a 10 plate doesn't mean it has those things. Look for DAB button bottom left of the centre console, if it has it then it's a MY2010. Also I think blue bit at bottom of steering wheel.

Last time I looked on Auto trader there were 4 x MY2010, 1 x MY2011 rest MY2008, couple of 2010 cars on there but both were MY2008.

Dealers have MY2010 onwards available at good prices - often "ex-demo" etc. to shift them.

Where???

Lexus Glasgow has a delivery mileage 2011 IS-F for £42k in black http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-is/f/5.0/601354058-2800368.aspx

Dealers have MY2010 onwards available at good prices - often "ex-demo" etc. to shift them.

Where???

Lexus Glasgow has a delivery mileage 2011 IS-F for £42k in black http://usedcars.lexu...58-2800368.aspx

It is a minefield and even the Lexus UK website seems to have spec errors,

Also important to bear in mind that all the updates are essentially niceties, not fundamental changes. You need to decide which ones are worth extra money to you.

Dealer's "delivery mileage"/"ex-demo" ISFs often do not show on their websites as either new or used cars & need visits to showrooms or phonecalls - then a haggle.

Good luck. Whichever version tou choose - enjoyment guaranteed!

Not 2011------no DRL's,wrong trim,wrong Dash!

Tel

I didn't say it was a MY2011, the car is a 2011 plate MY2010. He wanted to know any good deals on a MY2010 available from dealers shifting stock.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links