Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200/is300 Electrics Question

Hi guys, I have recently purchased a fabulous but thirsty Is300 and I was wondering the following:-

Is it easy to remove the headunit? I have Error 1 on it and I bypass this by quickly turning the stereo on and off but it still skips quite a bit

May just clean the laser if I can get the unit out.

Do the drivers side buttons light up? Im sure only my "Auto window" button lights up at night....

i have a picture but cannot copy and paste for some reason?! its item number 320791439780 on eBay anyway!

Head unit is easy to remove.

Step 1: Tray/Sat nav unit- remove plastic strip from the front of the tray- cross head screw driver or 8mm socket takes care of the fixing holding it it. Plull towards you and up. Place to one side.

Step 2: Remove the 2 10mm bolts.

Step 3: Masking tape/duct tape along the sides of the stereo/dash area- the stereo has sharp edges and the surrounding area is soft plastic and WILL scratch.

Step 4: Heated Seats/Traction button- hold this and pull towards you. Disconnect the switches.

Step 5: Remove the 2 10mm bolts.

Step 6: Raise the unit slightly and pull towards you.

Disconnect the plugs at the back and the job is done.

J

Thanks for answers and headunit link!

i will have a look at the headunit tonight hopefully.......i couldnt find a way to remove the bottom panel where the heated switches are but I will find a way I hope.....

I checked the switches in question and only the wing mirror module does not light up.

is this normal?

I have recently started to get err1 on CDs as well thats why last weekend i installed the Grom Audio unit, very nice it now streams music via Bluetooth from phone to stereo unit.

The heated seat is just a tray, so pull towards yourself and it will be out.. but remember if you are doing the audio, tape and re-tape again the dash, the metal hinges weights a tonne and while you moving around the cables to get the unit out, unless you have taped the area well, it will scratch the dash.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links