Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Am I Going Mad Or Is My 450H Alive:-)

Picked up my 450h 2007 model last week having come back to the Lexus fold after selling my sc430 6 years ago, must say the sc430 was the best car I ever owned even after going through an s type jag and a Range Rover Project Khan. The 450h has put a smile back on my face truly amazing straightline acceleration coupled to fuel consumption that no longer has me camping in petrol stations aka the Range Rover!

The icing on the cake was in the week when I parked the car at my local seafront, I locked the vehicle and walked about 30 yds away and the alarm went off. There were a few people around and my wife reckoned they had activated the sensors. I used the remote to unlock and relock the vehicle where I stood (that alone was exceptional range) and walked on, the alarm sounded again. I thought oh no I have purchased a car with a dodgy/hypersensitive alarm. I went back and got in the car to investigate only to realise I had left my Iphone in the car plugged into the power socket in the glovebox!

Yes the car was actually telling me I had left the phone in the car on charge!!!

Needless to say I took the phone with me and the car settled down for a quick nap in the comfort of knowing it had just saved it's new owner either a stolen phone or a flat Battery, that reminded me why I love Lexus:-)

Hi, keep your eye on this as that power socket should switch off with the ignition, mine has phone charger, DAB tuner and fridge always connected and never sounds the alarm when I hit the power button to switch off and lock the car. Glad you are enjoying this truly amazing car, I have never tired of mine even into 4th year of owning it and 125 K miles, still makes me grin every day.

Take care Tony

I think your find that your alarm was detecting a power drain, but I much prefer your story :phone:

Mine does that if I leave my Iphone in the central arm rest (not plugged in to anything) - and I think you'll find that rather than it being caused by a power drain, it's actually caused by the radio signals that are occasionally being transmitted by the phone affecting the car's sensitive anti-theft systems it's in close proximity.

I'm not sure with the GS, but the centre armrest is almost the ideal place to put an interior microwave sensor (that are commonly used on high end alarms instead of interior ultrasonics) - and certainly any mobile phone has always affected the one in my Impreza in exactly the same way.

Thanks Tony I will but tne alarm went off quite a while after I locked the car....

The car is great but I am still nervous of using the power switch, I nearly had a coronary the first time I turned it on and floored the throttle in a country lane, I hit 120 in seconds and had some horse riders I overtook shaking their fists! Thankfully the wife wasn't in the car!

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links