Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is-F Servicing?

though i dont own an F at the moment! most modern engines are 8 to 10,000 miles for minor service (12 months) and 20 - 22,000 miles for major (24 months) with maybe the the 6 month oil service in between depending on how hard the car is driven. lexus do the essential care service for vehicles which are out of warranty i.e. cars over 3 - 5 years old and although the ISF is not listed should be any more than £190 for minor and £390 for major but worth giving them a ring for a quote. or alternatively use one of the Lexus independent garages like Toyotec/ Jem Lexus or ABM if you just need a quick oil filter change. but they all based in/near London

http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/lexuscare/service-your-lexus/essential-care-service-plans.aspx

Full Lexus Service every 20,000 miles or 2 years, with Intermediate Service every 10,000 miles or 1 year (whichever comes first).

My last 10,000 miles service by Lexus was just under £300.00, which was made up of £115.10 labour, £57.00 parts and £90.00 consumables. Plus the dreaded VAT of course and less 15% discount for being a loyal customer :eerrrmm:

No different from the IS250 really apart from when IS-F specific parts come into play e.g. brake pads, discs etc. which are a lot more expensive.

am guessing there are big ones at 60K or 100K but thats for cambelt and drive belts change! dont know if the 5.0litre engine is driven by belt or chain but if its chain driven then the only belts which will need changing are the drive belts and fluids as the big one i.e transmision fluid, engine coolant, spark plugs, pollen filter as brake and differential fluids are usually changed every 20k. but again not sure if its the same on ISF's so Tango mite be the best person to answer this as he owns one.

So, is it 10k then 20k all through its life, or are there some big ones along the way?

I don't know what you mean by 'big ones', but the services will vary depending on consumables used or parts required. As I've already said, the brake pads are relatively expensive compared to those for the IS250, but other consumables will vary the price depending on mileage completed but will be the same as the IS250 e.g. Hydraulic fluid change out and rear differential oil at 60K mile major service.

Timing chain, not belt so no worries there.

So, is it 10k then 20k all through its life, or are there some big ones along the way?

I don't know what you mean by 'big ones',

What I mean by big ones are,

I currently dont own a IS F but am considering one or a GTR, the GTR is putting me off because of the servicing costs, i.e, service every 6 months and every 18 months gearbox oil change, oil alone is approx £400!!!

So wondering if ISF has any hidden suprises??

I went through the same evaluation and purchased the IS-F rather than the GTR. I also kept my IS250 SE-L for a year and ran both to evaluate whether the additional running costs of the IS-F was worth it. To be honest it was a close run contest, but the final (still reluctant) decision was to sell the IS250 SE-L.

It's a no brainer between the GTR and the IS-F if running costs are the primary concern. The real clincher for me on the R35 GTR was the cost of tyres and the transmission failures that were occuring at that time.

I think when it comes to these high end performance cars you let your heart rule your head. yes they are expensive to run but not everyone drives an ISF or GTR so you will be driving something special on the road and these cars can out accelerate and handle almost 95% of cars on the road so again you will be driving something special :shifty: . most of these cars tend to have one owner from new and dont tend to exchange hands often so so long as you can source one with a low mileage and has a full Lexus service history there will be hardly anything to go wrong out of the ordinary! for peace of mind you can invest in having all fluids changed prior to buying i.e transmission, engine oil, diff, coolant , brake fluid as those are the vital things which runs a car. the things like brake pads, disk and tires depend on how the car is driven so if its used for track days ocassionaly or driven hard every time then those parts will wear out quicky but on normal use and the ounce a while fun on the roads! tires, pads and disks should last 20 - 30K as Lexus parts last long and are quality. so if tires, pads and disks are already in good condition before you buy the car you will be surprised they will not needs replacing for about 2-3 years thats if you dont use it for track days or drive hard all the time. so in effect only things which will need drain and refill are just the fluids and if you can keep these changed when they due and afford insurance , tax and fuel you can def own one. but as i mentioned earlier you let your heart rule your head when it comes to these performance cars . will def get one if i can afford it or yet still an LFA if my lottery numbers show up :glare:

The 7 Year Servicing Cost before any discount is £3200 with the 6 Year Major service costing c.£850------@ one time I was considering a Service Plan.ISF Servicing Cost is 250 Auto SEL plus (as stated by Tango above) the ISF specific costs for oils,plugs etc.

Tel

Nb/

Above costs are c.30%to 40% cheaper than RS4,M3,AMG for the same schedule.

The 7 Year Servicing Cost before any discount is £3200 with the 6 Year Major service costing c.£850------@ one time I was considering a Service Plan.ISF Servicing Cost is 250 Auto SEL plus (as stated by Tango above) the ISF specific costs for oils,plugs etc.

Tel

Nb/

Above costs are c.30%to 40% cheaper than RS4,M3,AMG for the same schedule.

Sorry, but your post doesnt make sense to me??

He is talking about Service plans.

I took out a 3yr service plan on my F when I bought it, cost approx £850 for the first 3 services. The only additional costs would be for consumables such as brake pads etc.

Would highly recommend as you can plan ahead. Running costs are much much lower than other high performance cars.

If still not clear, when you buy say a 2008 F from main dealer, ask them for Service plan at same time for however long you plan to keep the car. This will give you a fixed cost for any scheduled work needing to be done during the plan's life (be it miles or time which ever hits first)

In the post above the year 6 plan cost £850 which would likely mean it covered something big like belts etc at 60k miles.

If still not clear, when you buy say a 2008 F from main dealer, ask them for Service plan at same time for however long you plan to keep the car. This will give you a fixed cost for any scheduled work needing to be done during the plan's life (be it miles or time which ever hits first)

In the post above the year 6 plan cost £850 which would likely mean it covered something big like belts etc at 60k miles.

Are you telling me you paid £850 for 6 years of servicing?

I am not directly talking about service plans but just how much the first 6 years services cost?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links