Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need A New Amp Gs 300 Mk1

Well i have had various people look at at my system (i've checked the speaker, and is been continuity tested) and everything is pointing to a dodgy output from the Amp.

But no-one seems willing or able to repair it, (last resort i'm gonna try Sextons when i found out the model no.) is it possible to source these amps second hand (from where) or anyone know of an equvalent that will just plug in, i notice it is made by Pioneer.

Cheers

Ants944

Try contacting Autosound and see if they can help. I think this is the company that Lexus dealers use if they need stereo's reparied under warranty. I happened to see an invoice from them once when I was in Lexus Swindon for repairing a GS300 stereo that had missing characters on the display. Otherwise, you could try working out what has blown yourself

Have a look at the circuit board in the amp and see if any of the high power transistors have blown. If you can't see physical damage, try smelling them and see if any of them smell bad (shouldn't be too difficult for you as ants have extremely good smell capabilities). If that fails, try tracing the tracks on the circuit board from the affected speaker pins on the connector and see if you can work it back to one of the transistors. I've replaced a couple of transistors in a few of my friends stereo's before now. As long as you've got a soldering iron and a fairly steady hand it's quite easy.

Well i got a reply from autosound :

With regards to your email concerning your amplifier, yes it is something we would be able to repair for you.

The fault you describe is common in these amplifiers, and is usually caused by leaking capacitors, the cost being around £80-90 to repair.

I hope this answers your query.

Seems reasonable, so whan i get a bit of spare cash i'll probably sent it to them :)

I used to buy autotrader each week and cheek the adverts for breakers and salvage yards listing GS 300's. That way i found a GS locally in a scrapyard which had gome sideways into a tree.

CD player in the boot was perfect.

I also check the small private free ads, here i found somebody selling a set of GS sport wheels and tyres for £950.

Thats how i found stuff.....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links