Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ride height will only be available I think in the official workshop manual, do you have a specific problem with the suspension?

The mirrors from a 2004 model are the same as a 2001 model.

Hi Steve, no problem the car handles fine but the car appears high on the front. The gap between the top of the tyre and wing arch is approx 3", is this correct.

The gap is relative to the type of wheels fitted,tyre size etc, the most common cause of height problems are the height sensors which allow water into them and need replacing.

If your headlight alignment is correct and the car is generally level I wouldn't unduly worry.

Are you running on air suspension or conventional springs and dampers?

Hi Jim

Look at the on line service manual at: -

http://bahamutcars.free.fr/workshop/LS_01-06/contents/index.html

Use Internet Explorer to view the site and be patient.

In the 'Suspension and Axle' section of the 'Service Specifications' there is a 'Service Data' file that gives the suspension heights.

Check the heights on level ground with the engine off and with the engine running, mine often looks high at the front when parked with a load in the boot but the air suspension levels up once the engine is running.

John N

I've just looked at mine carefully, and when it is parked facing up-hill with the suspension set high it looks very high at the front. But when it is running on the level it's fine.

When I'm driving round Manchester I tend to leave the suspension set on 'high' it makes for a smoother ride on the bumpy roads.

John N

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links