Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Fake Warranty

Oldbiker

As my car is within 3 months of the end of the manufactures warranty I enquired how much a warranty extention would cost. This went well until I asked the key question what is the difference between the extended warranty and the original warrany .....................Dont know said the dealer................Dont know said Lexas Warranty but I will put you through to the assessor.........................22 minutes later same question, long rambling answer finishing with we are not Lexus you know we are their partner.....................Really who are you ...................I am TWG...............and what is TWG..............we are an insurance company......................So you have a vested interest in using the small print to not pay.......................I wouldnt say that........................After 5 years are you able to take on the Hybrid drive train as to comes out of Lexus warranty ??? .............................NO.....................who will .........................no one. Called Lexus customer care who confirmed the salient’s of all of the above. If I purchased a Ford I can get a 5 year warranty from Ford for £300 ( this includes the 3 year warranty) Lexas want £1800 and is backed by TWG who are well written up on the web for their reluctance to pay. By the way the Lexus is supposed to be a more reliable car that a Ford, clearly Ford are prepared to back their cars with more vigor than Lexus.

I am frankly appalled by this nonsense from a so called premier brand, my only choice is to sell it while it is still worth something as after 5 years and no one will warrant the Hybrid drive the value will tumble to a fraction of its real worth.

One very ****** off Lexus driver.

Please feel free to ask your dealer if the above is true....................................

As my car is within 3 months of the end of the manufactures warranty I enquired how much a warranty extention would cost. This went well until I asked the key question what is the difference between the extended warranty and the original warrany .....................Dont know said the dealer................Dont know said Lexas Warranty but I will put you through to the assessor.........................22 minutes later same question, long rambling answer finishing with we are not Lexus you know we are their partner.....................Really who are you ...................I am TWG...............and what is TWG..............we are an insurance company......................So you have a vested interest in using the small print to not pay.......................I wouldnt say that........................After 5 years are you able to take on the Hybrid drive train as to comes out of Lexus warranty ??? .............................NO.....................who will .........................no one. Called Lexus customer care who confirmed the salient’s of all of the above. If I purchased a Ford I can get a 5 year warranty from Ford for £300 ( this includes the 3 year warranty) Lexas want £1800 and is backed by TWG who are well written up on the web for their reluctance to pay. By the way the Lexus is supposed to be a more reliable car that a Ford, clearly Ford are prepared to back their cars with more vigor than Lexus.

I am frankly appalled by this nonsense from a so called premier brand, my only choice is to sell it while it is still worth something as after 5 years and no one will warrant the Hybrid drive the value will tumble to a fraction of its real worth.

One very ****** off Lexus driver.

Please feel free to ask your dealer if the above is true....................................

I'm not really sure what you mean by " Fake Warranty". Most extended warranties are insurance based and are no more likely to refuse to pay than a manufacturer. I have in fact claimed for repairs ( my dealer claimed from TWG ) on Lexus extended warranties with no problems at all. Headlight washer motor/relay which wasn't cheap for my GS430 and also front suspension bars.

Regarding the Ford extended warranty you say that the £300 gives you 5 years cover but it actually gives you 1 yr unlimited mileage manufacture warranty followed by 4 years warranty with 100k mileage limit. It is also supposed to be taken out within 12 months of the car being purchased new and I think that it is also insurance backed for the 4th and 5th years.

So your drive train is covered for 5 years by Lexus and you are complaining that Lexus won't further extend it and then compare it to Ford who will sell you a warranty to 5 years......so what is your complaint and how do you arrive at the conclusion that Lexus are supplying " Fake Warranties "?

This is the 5+ Approved Pre-Owned Used Lexus Warranty for vehicles over 5 years old and is one of the reasons I bought a used Lexus. It's particularly important when they state " complete with one year's manufacturer equivalent warranty with unlimited mileage cover" :

The Lexus Warranty is designed to give the reassurance that you would expect when buying a 5 Year Plus Pre-Owned Lexus.

It is important to note that each Lexus Centre has to adhere to key guidelines to ensure you receive the best possible information when purchasing an Approved Pre-Owned only from Lexus.

All 5 Year Plus Pre-Owned Lexus vehicles are supplied complete with one year's manufacturer equivalent warranty with unlimited mileage cover. Only cars with less than 100,000 miles qualify.

All 5 Year Plus Pre-Owned Lexus Car Warranties have the same level of cover as the Lexus new vehicle warranty, with the exception of multi media equipment, batteries, interior trim, road wheels and corroded exhausts. The exact level of cover is available from your Lexus centre and detailed in the handover pack you receive when purchasing your vehicle.

Before you take delivery of your Lexus, it has been subjected to a long and comprehensive vehicle preparation.

Therefore I consider that I have the maunfacturers EQUIVALENT warranty subject to the exclusions which certainly doesn't include the Hybrid part!

The CSMA do a very good warranty which I will certanly take out once my "Lexus" one runs out and the CSMA is half the price!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links