Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Possible Change Of Car At Some Stage This Year

I originally put this thread in the Lexus General Discussions Forum but it hasn't seemed to attract many viewers nor any comments so I thought that I would give it a go here.

There is a good chance that I will be in a position to change my car at some point during this year. I currently have a Lexus 220d and am extremely pleased with it and will be sticking with Lexus for the change.

I am very interested in getting either an IS250 or a GS300. i shall be looking at similar spec to what I have at the moment, i.e. an SE-L multimedia and about 5 or 6 years old with as low a mileage figure as I can get my hands on.

Just wondering what fellow members thoughts are on these particular models. Also is anyone able to comment on the acceleration on either of these cars in comparison to the 220d. I am quite impressed with mine at the moment.

Thanks for reading and for any input.

Geoff,

I can't give you a comparison in terms of the 220d, but I have an IS250 Advance.

You don't say what year/mileage you are looking to get but the Advance gives you a good spec. You can get the advance with either HDD or Disk set navigation - go for the HDD if you can find one.

The petrol V6 gives me good acceleration, but then I'm not exactly a youngster and I use that for smart overtaking, rather than for screaming away from the lights.

I'm someone who likes sedate and comfortable driving, rather than the thrill of a rally-type excursion.

Multimedia - USB, MP3 sockets a decent sound system with 13 speakers, 6 CD auto-changer etc.

Some come with 18 inch alloys- mine has 17.

Nice smooth auto-gearbox. Mine has manually adjusted steering wheel and although it has heated front seats, they are not the perforated type that I think the SE-L has. No wood inside, no memory seat adjustment but other than that I think the comparison of fitment is good.

Geoff,

I can't give you a comparison in terms of the 220d, but I have an IS250 Advance.

You don't say what year/mileage you are looking to get but the Advance gives you a good spec. You can get the advance with either HDD or Disk set navigation - go for the HDD if you can find one.

The petrol V6 gives me good acceleration, but then I'm not exactly a youngster and I use that for smart overtaking, rather than for screaming away from the lights.

I'm someone who likes sedate and comfortable driving, rather than the thrill of a rally-type excursion.

Multimedia - USB, MP3 sockets a decent sound system with 13 speakers, 6 CD auto-changer etc.

Some come with 18 inch alloys- mine has 17.

Nice smooth auto-gearbox. Mine has manually adjusted steering wheel and although it has heated front seats, they are not the perforated type that I think the SE-L has. No wood inside, no memory seat adjustment but other than that I think the comparison of fitment is good.

Hello Rick, Thank you for your comments on this. I did mention in my original post that I would be looking for a low mileage car (if poss) and about 5years old (my budget falls around this sort of level, although if I should have a windfall I might be able to afford something a little newer)

I too am no longer a youngster but never really feel my age (born in 40) and like yourself I am partial to a sedate and comfortable drive with the acceleration being there if and when I need it. I do have this with my 220d.

I also like all of the goodies on the car, SatNav, good audio, memory seats etc, that all come with the SE-L Multimedia model, which as I say I will be looking for again when I change.

I was quite impressed when looking at the GS300 but haven't yet had any owners contribute to my thread.

I recently did a modification to the wing/door mirrors on my car which folds them in/out when the doors are locked/unlocked. I understand that this is something that is already fitted to the newer models. I'm really pleased that I did it because when I'm 50 yards away wondering if I locked the car, then a simple look back and if the mirrors are folded in, then the car is locked!

Thanks again for your comments.

Not meaning to appear daft, but you have posted the GS300 Q's in the GS 300 forum area I presume.

I'd be surprised if you had no replies ar all, as its a very active area!!

Not meaning to appear daft, but you have posted the GS300 Q's in the GS 300 forum area I presume.

I'd be surprised if you had no replies ar all, as its a very active area!!

Hi again normski2, no matey it's not you that's daft, it's me. I started my original thread in the "Lexus general discussions" forum but it didn't generate any responses so I moved it here, but totally forgot to put it into the GS 300 forum. It's an age thing you know!!!

Not too sure how many threads you can have on the go at any one time, so might leave it here a bit longer and then try it in the other forum. Thanks for spotting the error.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links