Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

After a while searching I have just acquired a nice dark green (not sure what the correct name for the colour is and its not the dark almost black green) 1999 LS400, not my first choice colour but looks smart and has only covered 99,300 with a genuine full Lexus service history and the rear sub frame has no apparrent corrosion from what i could see.

The alloys which seem bigger than standard for the year (look very much like the tele dial wheels on the Porsche 928) need a refurb and it has a few very minor battle scars and trim bits replacing that will need attention.

For the money its an aweful lot of car, just got to sell on my GS300 Sport now to recoup some cash!

My main priority will be to get it converted to run on LPG to keep down the running costs.

After a while searching I have just acquired a nice dark green (not sure what the correct name for the colour is and its not the dark almost black green) 1999 LS400, not my first choice colour but looks smart and has only covered 99,300 with a genuine full Lexus service history and the rear sub frame has no apparrent corrosion from what i could see.

The alloys which seem bigger than standard for the year (look very much like the tele dial wheels on the Porsche 928) need a refurb and it has a few very minor battle scars and trim bits replacing that will need attention.

For the money its an aweful lot of car, just got to sell on my GS300 Sport now to recoup some cash!

My main priority will be to get it converted to run on LPG to keep down the running costs.

Well done best decisions you have ever made.

We need some pictures.

Mike

Congratulations on your purchase. Mine is the same green colour, which wasn't my first choice but it's grown on me. I now think it suits the car better than a lot of the other colours.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up my LS finally on Friday.

Seems that one of the cars previous four owners was an LOC member as it has a club sticker in the back window.

Having done a little research seems like I have a car with the DHP option which I realise now by the wheels which are the 17" ones.

Its got 99,300 on the clock, a full service history and has just had a new cambelt and full service done. It's suffered from a leaky boot at some point and the bonnet struts have been replaced.

I have only ever driven an LS for short periods as a loan car whilst my GS was having work done on it but having driven mine for a couple of days it is truly a fine machine in every respect and just as quick and economic as my GS300 sport.

I'll need to sort a few very minor cosmetic scuffs and scratches to make it near perfect, the little spoiler lip at either side of the underside of the front bumper has been snagged in places and the wheels will need a tidy up soon.

I do have a couple of niggles though - the Clifford alarm that is fitted is a real pain though I suppose i'll get used to it and i noticed that unlike my GS the aerial mast goes up when you are using just the CD player.

On the very top of my wish list is a gas conversion, so will be looking for fitters in the Kent /Surrey area soon.

I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

Picked up my LS finally on Friday.

Seems that one of the cars previous four owners was an LOC member as it has a club sticker in the back window.

Having done a little research seems like I have a car with the DHP option which I realise now by the wheels which are the 17" ones.

Its got 99,300 on the clock, a full service history and has just had a new cambelt and full service done. It's suffered from a leaky boot at some point and the bonnet struts have been replaced.

I have only ever driven an LS for short periods as a loan car whilst my GS was having work done on it but having driven mine for a couple of days it is truly a fine machine in every respect and just as quick and economic as my GS300 sport.

I'll need to sort a few very minor cosmetic scuffs and scratches to make it near perfect, the little spoiler lip at either side of the underside of the front bumper has been snagged in places and the wheels will need a tidy up soon.

I do have a couple of niggles though - the Clifford alarm that is fitted is a real pain though I suppose i'll get used to it and i noticed that unlike my GS the aerial mast goes up when you are using just the CD player.

On the very top of my wish list is a gas conversion, so will be looking for fitters in the Kent /Surrey area soon.

I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

Brilliant Well done.

Just bought a set of refurbed wheels for mine, my LS same colour as yours. Will post some pics as soon as they are on.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links