Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cd Player Was Error 3...

My CD player was error 3'd - I took it apart, removed the cd's - replaced it and now when I press CD it will not react. When I press the load button to try and give it some life it shows the load message for a split second and disappears again. I have a grom kit now and do not even want the CD player. Why is it doing this? Is there a workaround or is it buggered?

When you put the cd player back into the car did it make the noise like it was moving the cd trays about in side?

If not did say that when you removed the cd's you didnt rest the trays in their resting possition, to do this remove the stereo again and by hand wind down the trays with the cogs you can see.

The unit my think that theres still a cd stuck mid load so its throwing a hissy fit!

HTH...

No noises when I plugged back I will try an wind ye cogs down. All of the trays were resting at the bottom of the player with about 5 CDs sat in there. I have more than likely moved the cogs when pulling it all apart. I am going to check the fuses in the morning (on a night shift). Do you think it could be the fuses? If moving cogs does. Or work?

Sent from Iphone

UPDATE: So I played around with the cobs and it brought it to some life, however because there are no cds it just sets it self back into position and then goes dead again. I have tried using force with it to revive and still nothing. So I guess it is fit for the scrap yard. If anyone has a CD player for sale let me know.

I had the grom kit fitted to mine and that worked just fine without cd's in the stereo?

Mine did have the error3, but i free'd all the cd's and reset the trays all to the bottom of the stereo (top loading stereo) useing the cogs.

I dout it will be a fuse, where are you located, as i have a working toploading stereo that worked with my grom kit when it was in (swapped it about 5 weeks ago).

That is my plan, however because I cannot get the CD function to load grom is no use. I don't want to use it as a CD player at all. I have wound the cogs all the way down and all my player wants to do is reposition them and die again. I have repeated about 10 times to see if I could fix it, but nothing. I will try and take a video and show you what I am doing. I am in Worcestershire, I can pay for your postage if you are able to deliver... I am just annoyed that this grom kit that cost me 170 in total with extras is now going to cost me another 100 on a radio. Just to play some damn music :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links