Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Lexus Purchasev-Rx400H

Hi Guys

New to the forum and looking for some advise.

I'm looking to purchase a RX400h SE 79k, with full Lexus history.

I've never had a so called "prestige car" and I'm a bit nervous about the cost of any repairs or unforeseen issues. Ive read about a few problems with Battery and inverter faults!

I really like the car and found this to have the best MPG figures of the large 4x4's.

I would really appreciate your comments and especially from someone who moved up from a standard car and how they found the increase in cost.

Thanks

The Battery 'fault' is just the aux Battery which doesn't have enough capacity to last more than 2 weeks before going flat. Not heard of hybrid Battery issues. The inverter was recalled on certain vehicles (2004 to 2006), hardly any actually failed.

If you do a lot of high speed/motorway driving then don't expect to see more than 30mpg

The battery 'fault' is just the aux battery which doesn't have enough capacity to last more than 2 weeks before going flat. Not heard of hybrid battery issues. The inverter was recalled on certain vehicles (2004 to 2006), hardly any actually failed.

If you do a lot of high speed/motorway driving then don't expect to see more than 30mpg

Thanks for response. The car will mainly be used around town, school runs, shopping etc.

Buy and enjoy.

All the inverters subject to failure were covered by a recall and the auxiliary Battery is a known issue and not expensive if a nuisance.

Beyond that the car has no especial vices, failures will occur on individual vehicles and, as with any car, can be expensive (or cheap). However no patterns of failure are known to worry about.

Buy and enjoy.

All the inverters subject to failure were covered by a recall and the auxiliary battery is a known issue and not expensive if a nuisance.

Beyond that the car has no especial vices, failures will occur on individual vehicles and, as with any car, can be expensive (or cheap). However no patterns of failure are known to worry about.

I have taken the plunge and picked the car up today! So far very happy, the power is just crazy :-)

I'm thinking of getting a service plan from my dealer and have been quoted £560 for 2 services. Does anyone think this is a good price?

it depends which services are next due. If it isn't an expensive one, 60k or 100k, then you probably aren't saving anything.

Also worth asking for Essentials service which is available for vehicles 5+ years old.

it depends which services are next due. If it isn't an expensive one, 60k or 100k, then you probably aren't saving anything.

Also worth asking for Essentials service which is available for vehicles 5+ years old.

The next two are the 90k & 100k ones. They said its a minor & major one.

then I would say go for it. I've been given an indicative cost for my next service (100k) of £930. (Just make sure it will cover all items including the cam belt)

They stated the 100k service will not inc the cambelt but everything else inc the mot's and parts.

• 4 weeks later...

The service plan can be tailored to your requirements. I bought my RX400h at the end of May, and the dealer gave me the option to include the cam belt service into the service plan or leave it out. All depends whether you are prepared to pay for the expensive service in one go, or would rather spread the cost. The main advantage of the plan is that you do not have to worry about price increases and it is easier to budget for. I was told at the time that you also save 10% to 15% over the overall cost. It is to yours and to Lexus' advantage in the sense that you save a bit of money, and they know you will be coming back to them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links