Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The plastic fasteners which are supposed to hold down the various covers which hide the engine & ancillaries - they are nearly all loose, most have popped upwards and several are missing.

Anyone had this problem and how did they fix it?

Meanwhile, after eight months' ownership, I think the car is quite wonderful - apart from the console box in the armrest between driver and passenger seat. I believe it was designed by a madman.

They will be dealer only and I think the part number for the main engine cover fastenings is as below but your dealer should be able to confirm.

90480‑22024 *** STD. PART € 2.79

Many thanks for the info, inc part #.

But I still don't know why nearly all mine have come loose. Can other 460 owners have a peek under their own bon-bons for me?

Buy a strip of Black Tack from Amazon and just fix them in place with that. Trust me, they'll never come loose again. That stuff is like Blutack on steroids.

The last time I used that stuff the intake manifold came off with the engine cover! :o

Black Tac? That's new one on me.

But these fasteners should still not (nearly) all come loose and fall out.

Maybe I should investigate Black Tac for other uses, adding to my other favourites of Duct tape and WD40. These are actually the only tools you need. If it moves and shouldn't, use Duct tape. If it doesn't move, and should, use WD40.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links