Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Well, would you believe it !!!! There are two LS400s for sale on this site .....

I was just trawling thru' to check my Triumph Southern Cross Sports Tourer was still listed.

Malc

its a shame that insurance companies don't recognise them as 'classics'

Thats because the official age of a car to be a classic is 25 years old and 50 for vintage.

What galls me most is that clown Brown when he was chancellor took away the road tax exemption for classic cars when they reached 25 years old and knocked everything into pre 1972 so nothing after that would get the road tax exemption how ever old it became.

I also believe that someone who keeps a car going for 25 years should be rewarded for not adding to the carbon footprint bearing in mind how much energy is required to produce a car.

thats for taxation purposes only, i have a 1973 daimler sovereign that misses out on free tax by 6 months! however fully comp ins only costs me £80 which compensates a bit

i tried to get classic ins on my 1995 ls400 without success

if anyone finds a willing company please let me know

found the following on the net

"Classic Car Insurance Eligibility"

Your car is eligible for classic car insurance if it complies with the following conditions :

• Your car must be at least 10 years old but some companies allow it to be anything from five years old or more. A few companies though will insure brand new classic cars too.

• The minimum value of the car is decided by the insurer.

• The vehicle must be used as a second car, never as a primary vehicle. Other considerations for some insurers include how you keep your car (garaging preferred) and good driving records. The car should generally be kept under lock and key, with only limited people allowed access to it. The car is not always covered if parked other than at the residence, even temporarily.

• Driving your vintage car on a regular basis will disqualify you for classic car insurance. A basic limitation imposed by the vast majority of classic car insurers is on the mileage permitted per year and the manner in which that mileage is used. The range is generally 1,500 - 6,000 miles per year. The lower the mileage you limit yourself to, the lower your premium will be. The car may not be in everyday use or used for routine errands such as going to work, shopping or taking children to school. Weddings and other such instances are permissible.

• Refitting your antique car so that it can participate in car rallies or sporting activities will disqualify you for classic car insurance.

• The age of the motorist should be at least 21 years of age but it varies between policies. Obviously, the younger the driver, the higher the premium as companies opt for experience. Some companies will refuse to insure cars with young drivers.

• Depending on the insurance provider, classic car insurance is specific to car make and model.

• Your antique car must not have been involved in criminal activity.

• The car originated in the UK.

• You possess an unexpired UK or EU car license.

My dad has classic car insurance on his 1993 merc 190e.

I will ask him at the weekend which company he uses, but im sure that if you get a copy of any classic car mag there will be loads of insurance companies in there willing to insure an old Lexus.

Why havent i done it for my 93 LS400? Because i need cover for business miles.

thats for taxation purposes only, i have a 1973 daimler sovereign that misses out on free tax by 6 months! however fully comp ins only costs me £80 which compensates a bit

i tried to get classic ins on my 1995 ls400 without success

if anyone finds a willing company please let me know

found the following on the net

"Classic Car Insurance Eligibility"

Your car is eligible for classic car insurance if it complies with the following conditions :

• Your car must be at least 10 years old but some companies allow it to be anything from five years old or more. A few companies though will insure brand new classic cars too.
  • The minimum value of the car is decided by the insurer.
  • The vehicle must be used as a second car, never as a primary vehicle. Other considerations for some insurers include how you keep your car (garaging preferred) and good driving records. The car should generally be kept under lock and key, with only limited people allowed access to it. The car is not always covered if parked other than at the residence, even temporarily.
  • Driving your vintage car on a regular basis will disqualify you for classic car insurance. A basic limitation imposed by the vast majority of classic car insurers is on the mileage permitted per year and the manner in which that mileage is used. The range is generally 1,500 - 6,000 miles per year. The lower the mileage you limit yourself to, the lower your premium will be. The car may not be in everyday use or used for routine errands such as going to work, shopping or taking children to school. Weddings and other such instances are permissible.
  • Refitting your antique car so that it can participate in car rallies or sporting activities will disqualify you for classic car insurance.
  • The age of the motorist should be at least 21 years of age but it varies between policies. Obviously, the younger the driver, the higher the premium as companies opt for experience. Some companies will refuse to insure cars with young drivers.
  • Depending on the insurance provider, classic car insurance is specific to car make and model.
  • Your antique car must not have been involved in criminal activity.
  • The car originated in the UK.
  • You possess an unexpired UK or EU car license.

Your antique car must not have been involved in criminal activity.

No we leave that to the insurance companies.

Mike

The only thing we have is an agreed limited milage.

Classicline are also a good insurance company, between them and flux there was pretty much nothing in it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links