Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Fitted Front Speakers

My new front speakers arrived yesterday, started fitting at 10pm, finished at 4am.

Took ages to install them properly, its worked out very well though (slight problem with tweeter though but nothing serious). Summary of special bits:

1. door looks standard from inside the car (cannot see changes in speaker)

2. inside is uncluttered, crossover and wires are all inside the door frame itself

3. original speaker basket is still there, with rivets in place (no drilling out!)

Picture speaks a thousand words Kieran.... :)

Got any?

Was planning on pictures but got a bit :tsktsk: after the first hour, ended up taking door apart and putting it back together about 5 times before getting it right. The last time I thought I had everything ok, went out in the car, got to the security barrier, pressed window down button, wait for a while, loud crunch (whoops - window hit the crossover), took door apart again, moved crossover reassembled.

Bit of late night you had then... your door speaker install is exactly like what oxford audio done for me..

BTW did ya lady contact that smoking place i gave you the details off.

Once you've done it once its easy (the installers have a good deal going), the first door took almost all the time, the second door took about 10 minutes from start to finish. Decided to give it a go myself, will be doing some more tonight hopefully.

I told my girlfriend about the smoking thing but at the moment she has been without for 3 weeks now without trying it, she will give it a go if she starts again this time.

Bit of late night you had then...  your door speaker install is exactly like what oxford audio done for me..

Once you've done it once its easy (the installers have a good deal going), the first door took almost all the time, the second door took about 10 minutes from start to finish. Decided to give it a go myself, will be doing some more tonight hopefully.

I told my girlfriend about the smoking thing but at the moment she has been without for 3 weeks now without trying it, she will give it a go if she starts again this time.

3 weeks,, thats good going,, they say the first 3 days is the worst, then the next 2 weeks after,, then should be plain sailing...

Bit of late night you had then...  your door speaker install is exactly like what oxford audio done for me..

3 weeks,, thats good going,, they say the first 3 days is the worst, then the next 2 weeks after,, then should be plain sailing...

the first three days seem the worst, i've experienced the first 3 days 4 times now :blink: :duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links