Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Piston Heads - Is200 Shed Of The Week

The IS200 is a fantastic car but there really are some bad examples out there now. I mean whoever bought the 'S' model brand new? No leather, crappy 16 inch wheels, no heated seats etc... These examples 12 years on are sheds and should never have been sold on the first place, does the good IS's a complete injustice! Lol :)

The IS200 is a fantastic car but there really are some bad examples out there now. I mean whoever bought the 'S' model brand new? No leather, crappy 16 inch wheels, no heated seats etc... These examples 12 years on are sheds and should never have been sold on the first place, does the good IS's a complete injustice! Lol :)

ive got a 2001 model S and its far from a shed. Although i must admit it does now have heated half leathers, headlamp washers, 17 original wheels and sat nav..oh and the rare front corner spats.Not a rust spot anywhere and just clocked 90k

ive got a 2001 model S and its far from a shed. Although i must admit it does now have heated half leathers, headlamp washers, 17 original wheels and sat nav..oh and the rare front corner spats.Not a rust spot anywhere and just clocked 90k

Yeah but you put all that on so now it has the SE navigator spec as I guess you were not happy with the 'S' . That's my point it wasn't up to Lexus standard in my opinion.

The build quality of the car is not in dispute, I would expect it to have no rust and still be in good condition if looked after which obviously yours is. The bodywork is up to Lexus standard of course.

Most 11 year 'S' models I've seen on auto trader and the like do however look like sheds lol :)

Yeah but you put all that on so now it has the SE navigator spec as I guess you were not happy with the 'S' . That's my point it wasn't up to Lexus standard in my opinion.

The build quality of the car is not in dispute, I would expect it to have no rust and still be in good condition if looked after which obviously yours is. The bodywork is up to Lexus standard of course.

Most 11 year 'S' models I've seen on auto trader and the like do however look like sheds lol :)

see your point, and yes the standard s spec is naff,

the car is not an S model but an SE version doesn't matter as it has all the right bits on it SAT-nav/OEM stereo/Heated half leather seats/Snow mode/ Traction on/off etc etc etc the only thing it misses is the sport options... being the LSD/sport pedals + foot rest/door sill trimmings and the all important sports suspension and TTE body kit....

All in all it is a nice car for a nice asking price that still is negotiable!

PS the pictures also show LEXUS history .... so a shed it is definitely NOT....

If I had the money laying about I would be on my way to get it

mines black and apart from the seats looks nowt like a standard s model although seats may last longer than leather ones all dash etc black and carbon wrap but 5 years ago the 1st thing i did was bin those awful wheels and naf grille is it hard to change to leather heated seats eg wiring for front seats mine is the nicest looking lex round here but black is a sod to keep clean

you'll have to change the complete wiring loom the Lexus IS is not a car you want to retrofit parts to they've made it extra complicated.... unless you are very good with wiring diagrams then you can have a go at it or just follow the step by step manual available for download on the site ;)

Thanks errol original seats it is then , just had crank sensor blow friday out of action till monday green flag said front lambda but auto electrician sorted it out and only charged me 15 quid if anyone wants his details ask me ill give them you (derby and notts area).thanks guys ian

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links