Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Struggling to get a grip on what values should be for these. Dealer(main) are all over the shop.

I want leather/satnav as a minimum.

Any ideas on what's a sensible price? I do want a warranty, has anyone managed to buy approved used and pushed the warranty from one year to two?

Struggling to get a grip on what values should be for these. Dealer(main) are all over the shop.

Any ideas on what's a sensible price? I do want a warranty, has anyone managed to buy approved used and pushed the warranty from one year to two?

I purchased my 57 plate 220d from Lexus at the end of October last year for £12450.00 with one years warranty on it. I did push for a better deal as it was originally for sale at just under £13K but did not try to extend the warranty period as I thought that 12months was pretty good anyway. I have been looking for an IS250 for a little while now and the same Lexus Dealership have offered me just £7500.00 against an IS250 costing about £12950.00 whereas another Lexus dealership have offered me £9000.00 for mine against an IS250 they are selling at £10995.00, albeit an older 250 (06) with slightly more mileage than mine. I almost committed to buy this car but then decided that I wasn't too keen to pay out another couple of thousand to buy something 15months older and with about 7K more miles on it than mine.

I have been trying to sell mine on Autotrader for about 5 weeks now. I originally had it on at about £10500.00 as per a 'What Car' valuation but had no interest whatsoever. I then dropped the price to £9750.00 but have still had no interest (apart from a couple of scammers) The advert runs out at the end of this week but I will not be renewing it, I personally think that this is a very good price for what is an absolutely imacculate car (SE-L Multimedia) with virtually every option on it that you can imagine plus, I have done the modification that opens/closes the door mirrors when the doors are locked/unlocked. Not that this latter goodie would in itself sell the car but, i really do think that at the price I am asking it is a cracking buy.

There are a number of 220d's on eBay at the moment at all sorts of prices and there was even an 07 plate job with 92K on the clock that actually went for £4500.00!!

I came across a chap on Autotrader who was selling his car on their site but did not have any luck so, he switched to the 'classified' section on eBay and got what he thought was a very fair price from a guy in the midlands who buys them fro shipping to Malaysia. Unfortunately this guy does not buy diesels as apparently they don't like them over there.

So I am still looking for my 250 and will be trying to see if I can get a good P/X deal with someone.

I think that the comment made by BosniaLexus is quie correct when he says that the mark-up at Lexus is closer to £4K or £5K rather than the £1500.00 mentioned by Stirling.

I've seen a 2006 06 is220d se, slate grey, black leather, navigation etc etc, one owner, 56k(60,000 service done), approved used so with the years warranty, £9k. I think its about £700 over what it should be. I'm going to have a look and see what room for moving they've got.

I did go to a BCA auction, a 2009 is220d se-L with 27k went for £10300+£530 buyers premium.

Geoff, thats a fine looking and specced motor there sir!

Thank you normski2, just wish I could get a bite.

Geoff, Bristol Lexus had a 250SE Black for 10,950 or something like that. It is on autotrader

Yes I spotted that one but, it is only an SE as opposed to the SE-L which I think is much better equipped, plus of course, it must have SatNav for me.

have you got a link to your advert?

Yes I have, this should get you there.....hopefully!

http://www.autotrade...20010?logcode=p

That does look nice but also makes the one in the lexus dealers look like sensible value...... Mmmmmmm

Hello jason61c, I would probably have let it go for £9500.00 and then if the buyer bought themselves a 12month Lexus Warranty for, I think it's £735.00 (which they wouldn't need to do until the end of October anyway, which is when the current one runs out,they will have themselves a car with a very high spec for £10235, with a full Lexus service History and you won't buy that sort of thing for that price at a Lexus dealership.

hi i am thinking of selling my lexus is 220d sport it has full lexus history serviced every 10000 it has every extra posible with 80000 on clock has mark levinson multimedia sat nav 18" wheels as standard full suade leather heated memory seats in black. reversing camera parking sensors all round mirrors also dip to ground when reversing open to offers highest spec you can buy and is warranty buy lexus to 100000 miles

hi i am thinking of selling my lexus is 220d sport it has full lexus history serviced every 10000 it has every extra posible with 80000 on clock has mark levinson multimedia sat nav 18" wheels as standard full suade leather heated memory seats in black. reversing camera parking sensors all round mirrors also dip to ground when reversing open to offers highest spec you can buy and is warranty buy lexus to 100000 miles

Geoff, Bristol Lexus had a 250SE Black for 10,950 or something like that. It is on autotrader

Yes I spotted that one but, it is only an SE as opposed to the SE-L which I think is much better equipped, plus of course, it must have SatNav for me.

That would be a good price. I'll have a good think about it, ideally I was looking for a dark car inside and out.

Thanks for the offer but i'm not after a sport, or a car with 18" wheels as it ruins the ride a little for me.

Regards

That would be a good price. I'll have a good think about it, ideally I was looking for a dark car inside and out.

I'm not a great fan of black leather, depending on other things, I might not let it be a deal breaker though. I much prefer the lighter coloured leather, I always think that it adds a bit of class. Judging by the weather forecast i may need to use the seat cooler tomorrow, I find that a really good addition to the car, nothing worse than hot leather seats in the summer. Of course you then have the alternative option of heating them up in the winter!

The car in the dealers has heated and cooled seats too. I'm going to have a look at that and see if they'd let it go for £8300 ish which would be a decent price for a nice spec from a main dealer. Failing that I'll be looking for a private one.

The car in the dealers has heated and cooled seats too. I'm going to have a look at that and see if they'd let it go for £8300 ish which would be a decent price for a nice spec from a main dealer. Failing that I'll be looking for a private one.

Which one are you going to try to get for £8300.00 then? Let me know if you have any success and i will try some arm twisting too!

one in a local lexus main dealer.

06 reg

Slate grey

black leather

Full MM pack

1 previous

56k, just serviced (big 60k one done).

its going up at 9k as an approved used. They've got to have atleast 3k profit in it, nearer 4. I'm going to have a look and haggle tomorrow all being well. Hoping to get it for an extended test drive too, a good couple of hours really as I need 40mpg on the motorway.

I know they have their issues but its not like every car has issues...

one in a local lexus main dealer.

06 reg

Slate grey

black leather

Full MM pack

1 previous

56k, just serviced (big 60k one done).

its going up at 9k as an approved used. They've got to have atleast 3k profit in it, nearer 4. I'm going to have a look and haggle tomorrow all being well. Hoping to get it for an extended test drive too, a good couple of hours really as I need 40mpg on the motorway.

I know they have their issues but its not like every car has issues...

If the car is up to scratch you should get your required 40mpg, no trouble. If you look at one of my previous threads you will see that on a run to and around Licolnshire a couple of months or so ago, I was getting 55 to 57 on the motorway using cruise control and, on the overall trip of in excess of 600 miles I averaged 48.6mpg which I was very pleased with. I am continuing to monitor the cars performance and I am pleased to say that even on the short runs that I do I am constantly showing in excess of 40mpg.

There is no doubt in my mind that the decision to clean the EGR Valve PRIOR to experiencing any problems has resulted in the mpg figures that I am now getting, plus of course, the car runs smoothly and sounds good too.

Good luck with your viewing and negotiating on the car.

Well went for a look......

It looks looked after, wearing good quality boots all the way round which is a good thing for a privately owned car IMO, interior is like new, its even got a sunroof!

Test drive went well, it drove much better than the other's I've driven, a trip out of the centre of Sheffield to the M1, 8 minutes each way on there then back into the centre of Sheffield, so traffic and up hill. MPG wise it showed 39.9 for the trip which was good I think!!?? Before the motorway it was showing 35 and then crept up when sat at 70mph to 42mpg before I pulled off. So I guess thats a good sign?

Just pondering over the deal that I was offered/negotiated(2 year warranty), Ideally I wanted a 2007 car but a 2006 with 56k etc etc seems ok....... Time to ponder over it!

Thanks all for answering my questions :)

Oh,

This is the car......

http://www.vehicleim...us&Id=602591672

Car looks really nice jason61c, love the colour, shame about the black leather, I mentioned before that I do prefer the lighter colours. I think that you will have yourself a good buy there. Are you close to a decision yet?

Don't forget, if you really do want an 07 car, my 57 plate jobby is still up for grabs. it's possibly the only 220d around that has closing/opening mirrors when doors are locked/unlocked, so it could be unique.

I'm sure that you will be pleased if you go for the blue one.

Oh,

This is the car......

http://www.vehicleim...us&Id=602591672

Car looks really nice jason61c, love the colour, shame about the black leather, I mentioned before that I do prefer the lighter colours. I think that you will have yourself a good buy there. Are you close to a decision yet?

Don't forget, if you really do want an 07 car, my 57 plate jobby is still up for grabs. it's possibly the only 220d around that has closing/opening mirrors when doors are locked/unlocked, so it could be unique.

I'm sure that you will be pleased if you go for the blue one.

I've 2 childeren under 3 so light colours won't stay like that for long±

Interesting. I have been wondering for a couple of months now Whether I got a good deal on mine. I got this car

for £7440 (not including part exchanged my golf for £1000), 57 plate with 53K on the clock. Absolutely clean inside out and 6 months warranty. Full history.

To be honest I never checked the prices. I just saw it, tried it, liked it and bought it. :-) I don't usually do this. :phone: Just to add, Not leather and no satnav. Both are no to me, having 2 children and a dog :megaangry: ).

post-43382-0-58500900-1345030579.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links