Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Am I Losing My Mind?

Ok I give in.

I wanted to upload a picture to appear in a post, which must be a common task and therefore well documented.

I typed in a search for ‘Upload Images’ selecting the Help Files as the target.

Brilliant – ‘A guide to viewing and adding images to the Gallery’ – that’s what I want.

Clicked on the link and the first line looks promising:-

‘The gallery can be used to upload images you wish to share with the community. To access it, click the "Gallery" tab at the top of any page.

That means ANY page right? Including the one that I’m on. Let’s see ‘Gallery’ … ‘Gallery’…

Nope – no ‘Gallery’, in fact no tabs.

Probably a typo, perhaps it means drop down link. Click… Click… Nope, no ‘Gallery’.

Ah-ha ‘Media Library’, now that looks a likely candidate. Click…

Now this looks odd; a badly formed page with parts of words appearing in random areas of the page. Scrolls down… Ah pictures, but alas no option to add or upload.

No, this is no good, let’s go back to the Help page.

Scrolls down:

Ah-ha this is it. ‘Adding your images’

‘Clicking an upload link or button will take you to the media upload page.

Great, on my way at last.

Now, where is that ‘Upload Link or button’?

‘Upload Link’…, ‘Upload Link’… - Geese

Okay, I’m probably going about this the wrong way, lets view a post and start a reply.

Here we go ‘ Reply to this topic’

Blah de blah de blah. Now let’s see if I can add an image.

Wow, an ‘Image’ icon. This will be it… definitely. Click

It’s asking for a URL – What URL? Why doesn’t it ask for my .jpg? Another blind avenue.

No, No… wait… A ‘My Media’ icon. Of course! It will be plain sailing from now on.

Click

‘Your Media Library’ … for media that you have uploaded. Sigh…

Has anyone got a loaded revolver I can borrow?

Oh,erm,mmm..... I would PM Steve on Admin (that's not me I'm Steve the Mod) and see what he says, I haven't got a clue sorry.

I don't think it's the best way but I use Photobucket then copy the link from there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links