Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Fog Brake Light Conversion-Car Alarm Went Off Two Days Later?

Hi

Finally did the Fog Brake light conversion Sunday morning, had the kit from another member on the forum for a while.

Unfortunately the car alarm went off at 6am this Monday morning, first time in 10 years since I have had the car, heavy dew on car.

So I think that the coincidence of fitting this must be a factor but how?

All wiring had tape over/around and also over the "scotchlok" connection in the rear light.

Any ideas?

2ddesign

I take it u checked that uve connected it to the right wires. i did mine the other day and its fine. personally i would doubt it was the dew as its all sealed in when your boots closed. is your Battery ok? the alarm goes off if the Battery gets low.

Thanks BenIS for your reply

Brake/Fog light working fine when I press brake pedal so wiring ok, if it was that it, would the alarm sound all the time?

Regarding the Battery do you mean the main Battery under the bonnet which is 2 years old. :unsure:

2ddesign

I only mentioned the wiring as its the kind of thing that you look over. Yes the main Battery, mine dropped abit low on voltage one night and i pressed the lock button just to check before i went to bed, and then the alarm started going off at about 1am haha. I just put it on charge aand it was fine. What voltage does the meter read on the dash when the engine is off and on?

Ben

Just did as you suggested, run the engine, reading= thick line + thin line above the middle 9.

No engine on and electrics on = thick line above middle 9.

seems ok?

Thanks anyway!

2ddesign

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links