Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sc400 Dashboad Conversion From Kph To Mph... Help Plzzz

BobJackson

Hi guys

I need your expertise on a matter that frankly has knocked the wind out of my sails...

I have just returned from the MOT centre in Newtownards, N.Ireland and failed ONLY on the Dashborad reading KPH as opposed to MPH..!!

PLEASE tell me there is something I can do... a conversion Kit... a company that can Covert..?? otherwise I will be the Proud owner of an SC400 for which I will be unable to MOT

Your help in this matter will be Truely Appreciated

Many Thanks

Ian

That's a bit petty of them!

You can buy an electronic convertor and then either fit it yourself or get some one to do it for you.

An example is linked below.

http://www.ebay.co.u...e#ht_500wt_1204

New ones are around £55.00

http://www.ebay.co.u...nverter&_fscr=1

I may have one in an imported Toyota Celsior I am breaking so give me a chance to see.

They also normally come with a MPH sticker to put over the KPH, might be worth just fitting this so the dash shows MPH but still reads KPH as there is no way to check the speedo accuracy during an MOT and if the same as the UK they are not allowed to road test the car!

Oh I forgot welcome to the LOC.

Hi Steve thx for the prompt reply and for the welcome... I followed your links, is that all I have to do to convert to Mph..? (pls forgive the 'Greeness' of my questions, but I havent got a clue on this matter)))

So to summerise, if I get a CarSpark to fit that little 4wired box to the speedo cable my digital display will show the readout in Mph..? (please say yes and make me very very happy lol) and if yes, should any carspark worth his salt be able to Fit/Do the job..?

again many thanks for the help

ian

Yes, the one I have is for Lexus/Toyota so will be plug and play.

There are 6 wires on mine but you only use 4 of them.

Black is connected to earth/chassis, Red is the 12 volt + supply, and orange and green are the speed sensor wires.

The other 2 wires are just taped up as they are not used.

The job shouldn't take more than an hour at a good auto electrians ring around for some quotes.

The dash will need to be removed to fit the device and you can simply put a piece of black insulation tape over the K where it shows KM/H to make it M/H ( this is just cosmetic but will save arguments at the MOT)

I would take the receipt from the fitting company just to prove it has been converted.

If you want to buy the one I have which is guaranteed to work let me know.

I guess your SC is an import, is it badged as a Toyota Soarer or Lexus SC400?

• 8 years later...
On 8/16/2012 at 3:13 PM, steve2006 said:

imported

On 8/16/2012 at 6:59 PM, steve2006 said:

Yes, the one I have is for Lexus/Toyota so will be plug and play.

There are 6 wires on mine but you only use 4 of them.

Black is connected to earth/chassis, Red is the 12 volt + supply, and orange and green are the speed sensor wires.

The other 2 wires are just taped up as they are not used.

The job shouldn't take more than an hour at a good auto electrians ring around for some quotes.

The dash will need to be removed to fit the device and you can simply put a piece of black insulation tape over the K where it shows KM/H to make it M/H ( this is just cosmetic but will save arguments at the MOT)

I would take the receipt from the fitting company just to prove it has been converted.

If you want to buy the one I have which is guaranteed to work let me know.

I guess your SC is an import, is it badged as a Toyota Soarer or Lexus SC400?

Hi Steve

I am trying this chip with a Toyota Celsior 2004. I cant figure out which one is the signal wire from the wiring loom on the car.

Do you know which colour it would be please?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links