Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where Have These Cars Been All My Life

I like most people have had many different cars over the years, some better than others. Most of them new or a few months old. Last car was a Sportage, which in itself was okay, but my wife is paralysed due to a stroke and I was diagnosed with Parkinson's in the last 4 years so getting into a high vehicle is not possible now for my wife. Used to look at Lexus Gs300 on eBay and think nice car, but too good for me.

To cut a long story short, I phoned up car dealer who sold me the Kia 6 months before, told him he had a Lexus GS300 SEL Auto, please do paperwork, never having even seen the car, picked it up 10 days later, drove it home, and love every minute of it. Just sailed through its MOT garage says car is like new, and only thing it may need are new front tyres in next few months or even longer.

We used to travel in Europe every year by car and always visited our friends in Bavaria, what a pity our health now restricts us because it would have been a delight in this car. I'm 58 so probably this car will do me now, but every time I drive it I am smiling from ear to ear. Cannot ever see myself driving anything else.

Welcome Norman, and congrats on the new motor.

Sorry to hear of the health issues surrounding you both - father was a Parkinson's sufferer too. You have my utmost condolences on having been blighted by that bastarding disease!

Still, on a more positive note, it is a bit of a cracking car, eh?

Hope you're planning on spoiling us with some pictures of it!

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

I also like the GS300 when I bought one as a temporary replacement, Lexus have also been trying to get me to have the 24 hour test drive in the new GS450h but I would never buy a brand new car and see it lose 20K as I drove out the dealers!

Sounds like you have got a nice cared for example, regular services will ensure you enjoy may miles of carefree driving.

I guess it's a one owner lower mileage one?

Welcome Norman. You've made a good choice. Much to the annoyance of the Chief Executive and Chairman of where i work my car is generally considered to be the best on the car park and i earn a quarter of what they do. They aren't the cheapest car to run but certainly not the most expensive. I average about 32 mpg so am happy with that - the road tax is the real killer! Get yourself some private plates and people will think you have come into some money.

Have you thought about changing your profile name? "Sportage2" doesn't seem that apt anymore. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links