Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 450 Service / Help

I found a nice RX450h Premium 2009 with only 9000 miles that is being sold by a Lexus dealer but the only problem is that the car has never been serviced as apparently the previous owner only services his cars before they reach 10,000 miles. The Lexus dealer proposes to do a full service of the car before delivery. I think this should be OK but is there anything I should be concerned about ?

I think the only issue would be the warranty.

If it is less than 3 yrs old you should get it in writing that Lexus will honour what's left of the manufacturer's warranty as they usually insist that the car has been serviced at the right date or mileage and only have a small margin of error if you do not comply with this.

If it is a pre Sept '09 then it is probably irrelevant and a good service from the dealer should suffice. Mine is 3 years old in December and I have been meaning to enquire about a Lexus extended warranty which I had on my wife's Verso when it hit the 3 year mark.

I understand Warranty Direct and others have a poor record of paying out when you need them. Having said that we kept the Verso for two years on the Toyota extended warranty at £30 ish per month and it never missed a beat so I guess you pay your money and take your choice.

Best of luck with the 450 though - I am still in love with mine!

Is this being sold as an "Approved Pre-Owned" vehicle? One of the conditions (among others) for being Lexus pre-approved is that:

• Services for qualifying vehicles must be within 1,000 miles either side of the scheduled service mileage limit or within 2 months either side of the specified time period.

If it is, you might want to ask the dealer how it qualifies.....

Cheers,

Jon

Thank you for the responses - the Lexus dealer has confirmed to me that this will not affect the warranty (when I take delivery of the car it will have a 1 year Lexus warranty) nor any extension of the Lexus warranty.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links