Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

To Buy Or Not To? Is220D Se-I 2009 - Please Help

Sapphire88

Hi Everyone,

I'm a big fan of Lexus and it looks like I've finally come across a great deal. Can anyone give my any reviews about the is220d se-i - is the car reliable, am I likely to have any problems, am I going to have to pay out a lot?? I would really appreciate any one that can help me. I've really got to make my decision by tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

The lexus in question has 40,000 full service history, tax and mot till June 2013. I have also done a check on it is there anything else I need to look out for?

My boyfriend has a Lexus is200 on a x plate and still to this day has had hardly any problems. He bought it 5 years ago and I fell in love when I drove it and to this day Lexus is my favourite.

I look forward to hearing from you all xxx

Depends a lot on the type of driving you do. If you are just doing very short runs then a modern diesel is not ideal as the engine needs to a decent running temperature which will not be achieved on runs of 3 or 4 miles. If your driving includes a reasonable percentage of longer journeys then you should be ok with it, assuming that the car is not hiding any problems. Personally I would not buy a modern diesel because of the problems which can occur with EGR etc which can be very expensive.

Lexus is best known for its refinement and silky smooth automatic transmission. You can't get either of those on a 220d. I would strongly suggest you go for a lexus with a petrol engine.

If you get the is220d I am pretty sure you would enjoy driving your bf's car a lot more than your own.

Some good advice above.

When I was looking for my first Lexus I was 'headed off at the pass' about diesel. Previously I had been doing about 700 miles a week but now only use the car on short trips and a rare long run. No good for a diesel.

I eventually went for a petrol automatic and didn't regret it. I would agree with the previous post about the IS250 - but then again I'm biased.

Carefully analyze your motoring and the decision between diesel and petrol will be self evident.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links