Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Right Headlamp Bulbs? Quick Question Guys

Good point FA. Lexis pro you need to be sure you do actually have HID bulbs fitted already. If you have, I'd be surprised if you needed to upgrade them. But if you have plain Halogens I would not be surprised at all. The halogens fitted to my 220d were pretty much useless at night. They were so alarming, I went back to Lexus to get them checked out. They were correct, set correctly and they were useless!!!

I upgraded the halogen bulbs to great effect at little expense by using eBay (no plug intended.......other sites are available)!

One word of warning.... The bulbs are right toads to get out, particularly the passenger side. Give yourself plenty of time when you first tackle this as you need to have the hands of a small boy!!!!!

I had a 2007 220d. Base model.

The lights were not yellow as such, they were just useless at illuminating the road ahead. I found them bloody dangerous. If yours are 'yellowy' then I would think it is very doubtful that they are HID.

I had ordinary halogens which is what I suspect you have. As I said before I think, from memory (don't have the car now my son does) they were H11 for the dipped beam (maybe 55w) and HB3 for the main beam (65w I think). Check your owners manual. It will tell you all you need to know in there.

Find out first, if this is what you have. Then I 'll tell you what you can do.

2 options:

- Get some H11 Osram night breakers or philips diamond/xtreme vision bulbs.

- Get a 35w H11 HID conversion kit. (preferably 4300k or 5000k)

Either way installation is time consuming due to lack of space available.

You're going to have to remove the engine bay side covers to take a look at the Headlight connections. They are completely hidden by these covers. They have the little pop cover tabs to facilitate removal.

I've PM'd you as well with a bit more detail. :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links