Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mods Face Mot Fail

Pete Shawn

Seriously!! i really dont understand the European boards that come up with these senseless laws. all after market parts like turbos, wheels, exhausts, filters you name it have all gone through stringent tests and would not be released/sold to the public if they have not passed safety requirements or not been deemed safe to be fitted onto a vehicle. I mean do they think performance or aftermarket companies are the cause of our economic problems or the cause of global warming, high CO2 emmisions or the cause of accidents on our roads?? we all know a highly tuned car will still have to pass emmissions test at the current MOT requirements and most aftermarket parts tend to be better built and engineered than most OEM parts hence some are really expensive to buy. I dont drive a modded car but I feel this will drive all aftermarket companies out of business resulting in more loss of jobs for those working the aftermarket trade. they really need to think of better ideas to get our economy going again rather than wasting time and energy going after aftermarket companies or modded cars who make up a very small percentage of cars driven on the roads today.

. they really need to think of better ideas to get our economy going again rather than wasting time and energy going after aftermarket companies or modded cars who make up a very small percentage of cars driven on the roads today.

This is an EU thing. Successive UK governments have failed to stand up to these decisions made by the EU parliament (including our own MEP's). It isn't an idea to get the economy going and doesn't apply to all modifications.

This is an EU thing. Successive UK governments have failed to stand up to these decisions made by the EU parliament (including our own MEP's). It isn't an idea to get the economy going and doesn't apply to all modifications.

I mean what would be their reason for passing such a law as I confirmed in my previous post some aftermarket parts are good if not better than OEM parts. Its not like the parts are not tested or deemed safe before being released to the market or its not like modded cars makes up 80% of cars which are involved in road accidents on an annual basis nor do they emit Boeing aircraft level Co2 gasses into the atmosphere. So I really can’t think of any reason to pass such a law.

I know its not an idea to get the economy going was just making a point about them channelling their energy and ideas to come up with solutions to our economic issues rather than wasting time on minor issues like modded cars which makes up a small percentage of cars driven on the roads

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links