Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traction Control Problem.....

MARKY46

Hi guys

Can anyone shed any light on a problem I have with the Traction Control my IS SportCross??

Basically, it doesnt seem to be working!!!!! It is as if I have turned it off but I haven't!!! The switch seems to be working fine in that it dispalys on the dashboard TRC OFF when I press it to turn it off and the SNOW button seems to be working fine in that it displays SNOW on the dash board and you feel the car calm down when the button is pressed.

Upon exiting a roundabout in the wet yesterday, the back of the car decided it wanted to meet the front!!! No lights on the dashboard came came on when this happened. I would have expected the Slippage light to come on to let me know there was a loss in traction but this wasnt the case. As I said, it's like I've turned the TRC off but havent!!!

I've plugged an OBDII code reader into the car but it returned with no codes. Could it be a problem with the TRC/ABS Module unit or the sensors or something else???

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in adavnce.....

Not wishing to teach you to suck eggs, but traction control is different to stability control. It won't stop you getting it side ways. Unless yours has stability control too of course then I'll but out hehe!

If you can find a bit of grass or something, try to accelerate hard in a straight line thus getting the rear wheel to spin. The traction control should then cut in. It's to cut wheel spin mainly.

Mine will let me spin the rear a bit before cutting in. They've not made it too intrusive.

Marky46 The traction control will only help if one rear wheel is turning faster than the other by braking the faster spinning wheel until it grips again. It helps if you accidentally lose traction to one rear wheel on wet or loose surfaces - particularly on bends where one wheel lifts. If you drive badly enough to lose traction on both rear wheels it can't help. The snow mode just adds some deadening of the throttle response. Some people with a vivid imagination think they can react faster with brakes and accelerater than the traction control but they seldom if ever can.

Had loads of rain up here and the back end on mine likes to go alot, just take it easy in the rain mate. If you dont take it easy then just be ready for it to go. The traction control on the IS has minimal effect.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links