Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello guys, I have searched the forum but couldn't find anything to help me.

I was pottering along this afternoon listening to Lionel Ritchie on my CD player when it suddenly went dead.

The radio works fine, I didn't have a cassette with me so have not tried that.

The screen shows 'Error' with no number, I have looked in the handbook but nothing of note in there.

Additionally when trying to change CDs it shows the number of the disc and 'change' but nothing happens.

When I press the unload button the green light flashes on both ends of the holder, and it sounds as though it is trying to do something, but again, nothing happens.

Would it be possible to gently prise the CD holder out of the player with 2 small screwdrivers?

If not the CD is out of action and a trip to the main dealers is necessary.

TIA Gus

Hello guys, I have searched the forum but couldn't find anything to help me.

I was pottering along this afternoon listening to Lionel Ritchie on my CD player when it suddenly went dead.

The radio works fine, I didn't have a cassette with me so have not tried that.

The screen shows 'Error' with no number, I have looked in the handbook but nothing of note in there.

Additionally when trying to change CDs it shows the number of the disc and 'change' but nothing happens.

When I press the unload button the green light flashes on both ends of the holder, and it sounds as though it is trying to do something, but again, nothing happens.

Would it be possible to gently prise the CD holder out of the player with 2 small screwdrivers?

If not the CD is out of action and a trip to the main dealers is necessary.

TIA Gus

If the cd cartridge is in the player and as off loaded a cd you will damage either the cartridge or the player if you try to force it out.The cartridge is cued by the player when it is inserted that is the clicking that happens when the cartridge is first inserted.

Try turning eveything off and starting from the beginning.

Press the eject button after you turn on the entertainment system but don't play anything.

This is a common fault with Lionel Ritchie discs there is a compatability issue.

Seriously as Ambermarine says don't force anything as you will cause further damage.

The mechanisms are pretty complicated with both the disc loading mechanism and the CD deck itself and need care dismantling and realigning.

I assume the disc that caused the problem is an original as there have been issues with some CDRs where the centre hole has stuck on the spindle turntable.

If all else fails a sharp thump under the unit may release it.

Lexus will charge you a fortune for a replacement if they are still available so maybe a good used one would be a better option

Thanks amber and Steve.

I will try as you have both said, trying ambers first :)

It was the first time anything like this has happened, it was a smooth bit of road as well with no bumps.

I am away on my (extended) Hols on Monday so if these two simple fixes do not work I will have to review the situation at the end of December, hopefully it won't come to buying another unit..

ps: the CD is an original :)

Thanks amber and Steve.

I will try as you have both said, trying ambers first :)

It was the first time anything like this has happened, it was a smooth bit of road as well with no bumps.

I am away on my (extended) Hols on Monday so if these two simple fixes do not work I will have to review the situation at the end of December, hopefully it won't come to buying another unit..

ps: the CD is an original :)

If it is the type that sits in the dashboard there is one on eBay at the moment in the ls400 section for 20 quid I don't think there are any variations in that spec through the vehicle range so it should fit all.

I have tried the two quick fixes suggested by amber and steve,without success, also I have disconnected the negative Battery terminal for 30 mins to see if that would help, alas no.

In fact I cannot see the 2 green lights flashing on the CD holder cover flap now.

If the worst comes to the worst i can listen to my music through my MP3 player but in the past when I did that, I don't think it sounded so good as my Mark levinson, at least the radio still works. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links