Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Still Low Mpg After Following All Thread Advise

Can't see in any of these posts that anyone has made use of the EGR Cleaning Kit that I used so successfully and described in my thread "Problems Headed off at the Pass"

Members have discussed cleaning the EGR Valve and resetting the ECU but nothing else, perhaps that's where the problem is.............possibly!!

Further update:

Following Normski's advice and using the additives, and changing to Shell V power diesel I have seen a marked difference. However this may be due to the change in driving style I've adopted with the car. On my run to work, (17 miles of stop start and some A road), I was lucky to see 32-34 MPG now it's over 40. I've never known a car (diesel) that is so sensitive and affected so much by driving style.

Just to recap

2000 revs should be the maximum you use for fuel saving; change up as soon as you can; try to run the car between 1400 and 1600 RPM, yes even in 6th. Take every advantage of downhill sections by taking your foot off the accelerator. Anticipate more and slow down by less throttle rather than braking.

With the 220d if you want the extra MPG it seems it's the only way to go once all the cleaning is done.

Can't see in any of these posts that anyone has made use of the EGR Cleaning Kit that I used so successfully and described in my thread "Problems Headed off at the Pass"

Members have discussed cleaning the EGR Valve and resetting the ECU but nothing else, perhaps that's where the problem is.............possibly!!

could you possibly put a link on here to your thread as struggling to find it and it would be much appreciated

could you possibly put a link on here to your thread as struggling to find it and it would be much appreciated

Here you go then BigChaz1982, read the whole thread completely. I had considerable success with the cleaning kit but obviously can't promise that it will definitely sort your problem but would be well worth a go I would have thought. The chap that I purchased it from was extremely helpful and, he would have done the job for me if I had lived closer to him. he made the same offer to anyone who purchased the kit.

If I can help any further please let me know.

Here is the link:-

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=76569&hl=

I eventually had my EGR cleaned manually and my mechanic used the spray cleaner to combust/shift the carbon through the system. I had also just added a bottle of Wynns DPF cleaner to the tank 120 miles prior, so I was looking forward to my business trip down the M1/A42.

Well, it was (yet again!!) a complete disappointment as I managed to achieve 36.5 mpg after 181 miles on the motorway - travelling at sane speeds by the way! Difficult to go fast, as it just isn't effortless enough to travel at 80 + mph

After a few shorter A/B road trips(6 - 30 miles) the mpg is again on the drop!

I'm already sick of spending money on various cleaners, so again I ask if anyone has found that their solution wasn't the EGR valve requiring cleaning and was something else; like the Turbo actuator or MAF sensor!!???

My car is reluctant to boost strongly for most of the time (occassionally it feels strong/normal) and on the motorway you can actually feel that the car is sort of choking itself on a constant/light throttle, and it definitely does this more so if you apply a bit more throttle.

Come on, someone must know the answer!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links