Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, New To Lexus, Hoping To Buy An Is250 Soon

gixer6

Hi all,

I've been browsing this forum for months now and i've gleaned a lot of knowledge.

I'm looking to buy an IS 250 SE-L :flowers:

The more toys the better.

I've driven a few now and I know what to look for, however finding one with all the toys is proving very hard. (and very expensive).#There aren't that many outside the dealer network and the dealer prices are quite high.

None of the ones I have visited will budge on price.

Talking to one of the dealers I was told that the top of the range ones are highly sought after and practically sell themselves.

I thought at first they all come fully loaded, but there are so many options and the more i look at, the more I want that 'missing' option.

However I have been looking for a couple of months now and I think I have found 'the one'.

Watch this space.

Good luck with your search. Look forward to hearing that you've got the 'one' you want. I got mine in September after parting with my 220d and, I just love getting in it, never mind the drivimg part! It's a great pleasure even looking at it sitting on my drive. I too went for the SE-L as I am big fan of all the goodies too.

Keep us informed.

Thanks Bluenose,

I have read your posts (I was already browsing and searching by then) and learnt a bit from them.

I don't want to be cheeky but would you mind sending me a pm regarding how much the car was up for and how much you eventually paid?

Or if you don't want to give the actual figures maybe just an indication.

Reason is, as I posted earlier, the good ones seem quite expensive and none of the vendors I've visited so far will budge on price.

Hi steve,

yes the IS has the V6, which doesn't do much for me, but what does it for me is that smooth auto box.

Driving that car is Karma in motion.

I paid £9k for my 55 plate SE-L a year ago. I bought it from an independent dealer and it had 36k on the clock and full Lexus history. The only options that I think my car doesn't have are a sunroof and 18" alloys. I have seen some under £8k with most of the SE-L options. Check eBay.

The high mileage ones seem quite cheap but anything with less than 50k and a lot of toys is quite expensive.

These are more expensive than equivalent merc or BMW.

A good thing if you own one, but not if you're trying to buy. :( ( I need more money)

Looking at the Lexus approved used and the dealers only seem to be accepting offers on the lower specced, less desirable colours.

MUST.......BE........PATIENT

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links