Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replace Water Pump

petayV8

Can someone just comfirm that if i want to replace my water pump the cambelt needs to be removed? Im just confused because its not driven by cambelt, and from what I can see its in front of cambelt anyway.i will replace cambelt if nessassary its just ide rather not if pos because of exspense and its good for at least another year. Also if I replace water pump what belt does drive it? Alternator belt?

So all belts need replacing? As im guessing they cannot be put back on? if so can you give me list of belts I need to get. Thanks

The 3 Auxillary belts behind your radiator can just be put back on. If yours have never been changed tho just put 3 new ones on there. Their so cheap, about £10-12 a belt. I got all 3 fitted by Lexus Bristol for £55 including free newspaper and a free coffee :)

hi guys i have been changing cam belts/waterpumps in is200/300 for years now never have i needed to change water pump buy removing cam belt its just a case of removing 3 belts off..and then undoin 4 nuts/bults off water pump/gasket

THE WATER PUMP IS NOT CONTECTED TO CAMBELT

ALWAYS USE NEW FAN/WATER/ALTERNATOR BELTS

HOPE THIS HELPS GUYS

Thanks rashid. We've definitely got mixed opinions on this subject on the LOC, however ill take your word for it and just buy 3 new belts (fan/AC/power steering) and a water pump and hand them over to my mechanic :)

hi guys i have been changing cam belts/waterpumps in is200/300 for years now never have i needed to change water pump buy removing cam belt its just a case of removing 3 belts off..and then undoin 4 nuts/bults off water pump/gasket

THE WATER PUMP IS NOT CONTECTED TO CAMBELT

ALWAYS USE NEW FAN/WATER/ALTERNATOR BELTS

HOPE THIS HELPS GUYS

Sinse you said youve done cambelts on these cars also ill ask this, do you need to remove anything to change cambelt?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links