Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Where Is My Ignition?

This may sound like a stupid question guys, but where is my ignition?

I have an IS220d with keyless entry, however the fob does have a detachable key, which leads me to assume that there is another way of starting the engine apart from the start/stop button. For example, if the Battery goes on the fob?

I've looked everywhere in the car but I can't find an ignition anywhere. I've always wondered this, so I thought I'd ask. I'm shopping for a spare fob at the moment you see, so that's what spawned the question. If it doesn't have an 'old school' ignition then what's the point in having the 'old school' key as none of the doors have a slot for a key either.

Thanks guys,

Kev

Search out the little flap underside of Drivers door handle. that is where the key goes. Then as advised hold the fob against the start button. Worth making a note somewhere as you know it will happen when you don't want it to!!

Or.. buy a pack of batteries off Fleabay and change it every 12 months. they are only 99p each that way.

Be careful trying to buy a second hand fob.. could have problems syncing the whole lot to work. I've heard folks have said you can't do it.

Thanks for the reply Normski. I've read the same thing on this forum in fact. The new ones are around £250 I believe and I really begrudge paying that for a glorified remote control.

I may just play it safe and pay for a new one at my local dealer though. I'm sure I would begrudge it more if I lost my one and only key!

Thanks again,

Kev

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links