Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trc Help

It should turn the traction control off, indicated by a light on the dash.

First port of call in investigation is to see if the light is working. Take the clocks out and check the bulb. 2nd port of call is to find out if the TRC is staying on or going off with the button - wet car park, get it rolling, rev to 4,500 rpm and side step the clutch in 2nd. If it spins, TRC is off. If it catches and bogs down, TRC is on.

when the traction control is on there should be no lights, but when the wheels slip the picture of the car slipping appears on the dash.

But if the traction control is turned off it shows 'trc off' on the dash, but if the wheels spin the skidding car does not appear.

You can also check the TRC light on the dash is working when you turn it on - all the dash lights illuminate for a couple seconds, before some, including the TRC light, go out. This is on the ignition on click, before you turn to crank the engine;

file-20.jpg

I'm just thinking, when you turn the lights on as in Matts picture does the check engine light come on? (top right of the dash)

Reason I ask is when the car does throw up a fault code then the the check engine light comes on and the trc light flashes. I'm just thinking If somebody sold you the car with a fault present and just took the bulbs out of the trc light and check engine light as it sounds like your traction control is working fine.

i think ive been had i took the clocks out today to realise 5/6 bulbs missing i took a bulb outa my seat belt light and tried in each to find my engine light on also my trc light flashes and my abs light is on car should be geting plugedit tonight to check for fults but ive defo been had over

i think ive been had i took the clocks out today to realise 5/6 bulbs missing i took a bulb outa my seat belt light and tried in each to find my engine light on also my trc light flashes and my abs light is on car should be geting plugedit tonight to check for fults but ive defo been had over

I thought so to be honest! This makes me so angry! There's some right swines out there. Hope the code is nothing too serious. Let us know what the OBD reader says.

I was also done! Trc was flashing but thought it could be a sensor. Checked all bulbs and engine light was not present when I put bulb in what a supprise it was also lighting up. Come up as a O2 bank 1 sensor 1. Replaced this and still have same fault code and can't afford to go garage yet. Got mot end of feb

Before you get too worried, take the negative terminal off the Battery for 30 seconds to reset the ecu. This will get rid of any old errors/flashing lights for things that may not be a problem anymore

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links