Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

1997 Ls 400 Remote Central Locking

Hi all!

I am new to this forum having just acquired my first Lexus; an absolutely mint 97 LS 400 :phone: .

I am living in Hong Kong at the moment so not sure if there are differences between UK and HK vehicles?

I know a couple of these questions have been asked before but I am hoping for some definitive answers please.

When I bought the car, it came with just one key. I spoke to Lexus and they said it's impossible to get a copy because I don't have a/the master, despite this, I managed to find a guy who did copy it, chip and all for 40 quid. The key opens the doors and starts the car so he certainly managed to copy the transponder.

What he couldn't do is make me a new remote control. Does anyone know if this is possible? Who can I contact?

Less important is the old Error 21 on the CD player......any solution?

Lastly, handbrake light stays on intermittently but I seem to be full of brake juice and all lights are go!

Thanks in advance and a prosperous new year to you all!

post-45735-0-33191100-1357031023.jpg

Hi and welcome to the LOC! I got my LS a few months ago and had a similar handbrake problem. The previuos owner said that the problem was a sensor that is close to the foot pedal which, apparently, can become a bit too sensitive. I had to lift the underside of the pedal upwards to ensure that the light stayed off. I did for this a few days before getting the car serviced properly whereupon the whole handbrake mechanism at the rear end of the car was almost detached! Once my mechanic fixed that, it has worked perfectly ever since.

I'm sure others will be along soon to help with your CD error code and key.

Happy new year!

Hi all!

I am new to this forum having just acquired my first Lexus; an absolutely mint 97 LS 400 :phone: .

I am living in Hong Kong at the moment so not sure if there are differences between UK and HK vehicles?

I know a couple of these questions have been asked before but I am hoping for some definitive answers please.

When I bought the car, it came with just one key. I spoke to Lexus and they said it's impossible to get a copy because I don't have a/the master, despite this, I managed to find a guy who did copy it, chip and all for 40 quid. The key opens the doors and starts the car so he certainly managed to copy the transponder.

What he couldn't do is make me a new remote control. Does anyone know if this is possible? Who can I contact?

Less important is the old Error 21 on the CD player......any solution?

Lastly, handbrake light stays on intermittently but I seem to be full of brake juice and all lights are go!

Thanks in advance and a prosperous new year to you all!

Hi

With regards to the first two questions I cannot answer but the handbrake or emergency parking brake to use the Lexus terminology problem is the slow release and weakening of the power in the strut that pushes the brake off after you pull the release handle.I solved this by pulling the release handle twice with a momentary gap between pulls .If this fails to solve the problem replace the gas strut.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links