Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Noise?

hi everyone

i have a 08 rx400 and just wondered if anyone else has a strange noise when going from park into drive...sounds like something dis-engaging.a dull clunk..also when releasing the ebrake and putting it on you get the same sort of noise.dont know if it could be gearbox or brake problem..only had the car 2 weeks and it only started doing it afew days ago

hi everyone

i have a 08 rx400 and just wondered if anyone else has a strange noise when going from park into drive...sounds like something dis-engaging.a dull clunk..also when releasing the ebrake and putting it on you get the same sort of noise.dont know if it could be gearbox or brake problem..only had the car 2 weeks and it only started doing it afew days ago

As you have only had it for two weeks take it back to the dealer - it will be under warranty.

Yes, mine does this also. I did take it to the dealer and they stated that it does happen with some vehicles and is nothing to worry about. Apparently it is related to the ABS system. They said that if it became too annoying, they would look at rectifying it, but from what I gather it is quite an involved job. It does not bother me, so I've decided to ignore it for now but will be asking them to take another look at the next service... while the car is still under warranty.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links