Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

You could try this thread from the IS forum

http://www.lexusowne...showtopic=58773

or this thread maybe

http://www.clublexus...m-for-obd2.html

failing that try putting in any interweb serach engin this line

lexus ls400 obd2 software

I have an Autel MS509 that i use on my motorbike, not tried it on the Ls430 though

Hi Black400

There are a lot of ELM327 OBDII products on eBay - they range in price from £8.50 to £30.00 - that are USB based for a PC or MAC and Bluetooth based for a tablet. I bought an inexpensive USB version and it works well. Most come with software (but check) and the only difference I could see in the expensive versions was extra software (that is probably not much use). SCANXL Pro works - will show you the codes, what they mean and let you reset them. However these inexpensive gadgets don't replace the expensive kit you will find in a garage.

A few words of caution (apologies if you are a mechanic or technically competent) I had a recurring/intermittent code - bank 2 cat down on performance - P0430 code. It was easy to reset but kept coming back - I replaced the Lamda sensor and the damn fault came back. It turned out I had a pin hole in the exhaust just in front of the sensor by the bracket that holds up the link pipe on a 430. It was a pain and was not noisy but eventually killed my fuel consumption and would have failed the emission test for the MoT - fortunately a local mechanic was able to get his MIG welder in there and put a plate on the hole. My point is the electronic reader is very useful but you often need a mechanic to sort out things from first principles. I’d still get one.

Good luck and if you need the software or help with it PM me.

Bren

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links