Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi abs

I had a problem with my LS430 installation when first completed - the car kept going in to limp home mode when it got warm (engine management light on and missing. The installer found one coil pack that had a little corrosion in the connector - this had not caused a problem before the conversion - and swapped it (£90 at the time) which did not fix the problem. To cut a long story short after the car had done about 35 miles the problem kept happening - so in the end I had to insist on it being rectified at a Lexus dealer.

One engine bay re-wire later (I ***** you not) costing thousands all paid for by the installers insurance the problem was still not resolved :(

I was not amused and the problem was fixed by the dealer very quickly after that (I won't bore you with the details and they would probably be libellous) - there was an air leak in the plenum when the engine warmed up. This caused lean mixture and the ecu put the car in limp home mode - I am a little sketchy about all the details because it was years and a lot of beer ago - however my point is the problem may not be electrical. That is where my installer went by default and they were wrong.

Good luck mate

Bren

Hi Pete.

The reason I mentioned the injectors ticking is I remember a few years back I had my Mercedes suddenly go rough and it turned out that one of the injectors was ticking which showed it was naff. They replaced it in mins and hey presto all was silent again and the engine was back to smooth running. Mike

I see what you mean. I was hoping changing the coils would prove things one way or the other. Many hours of reading on lpg forums suggest that the coils are often the culprit but not always. Why did they make that passenger side one so damned difficult to get off!

I'm racking my brains trying to think if I have a mate with one of those cameras on a snake thing if you know what I mean so I could see where to offer up a socket to remove the whole bracket. I don't want to remove the rads to get access as that's a ball ache and loads of unnecessary expense!

Hi Pete.

The reason I mentioned the injectors ticking is I remember a few years back I had my Mercedes suddenly go rough and it turned out that one of the injectors was ticking which showed it was naff. They replaced it in mins and hey presto all was silent again and the engine was back to smooth running. Mike

Thanks Mike for that. Yes I do have ticking going on from where the injectors are but the installer didn't seem to think anything was untoward there. I have to say I have lost all confidence in him so I expect I will have to shell out for another installer to check them out. I just can't afford this at the moment so to say I'm miffed would be and under statement.

I wonder if there is a 5th gear on rerun somewhere for VBH to cheers me up!

Hi Pete.

Thanks Mike for that. Yes I do have ticking going on from where the injectors are but the installer didn't seem to think anything was untoward there. I have to say I have lost all confidence in him so I expect I will have to shell out for another installer to check them out. I just can't afford this at the moment so to say I'm miffed would be and under statement.

I wonder if there is a 5th gear on rerun somewhere for VBH to cheers me up!

Could this be of any use to you ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1zhgsnyZWw

As for VBH 5th Gear are always on reruns on Sat TV

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links