Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member From Sydney Australia

Lumpy

Gday Guys,

My name is James,

Proud owner of a 2005 is200 that I picked up last Thursday.

40,000kms on the clock and the interior is mint.

Only problem I am having is with the lack of headroom, im 6,4 and find myself constantly adjusting the seat.

Im going to try putting some spacers under the front seating mounts, if anyone has any pictures of how this is done it would be a great help.

wu8H3f9.jpg

44lb9Gt.jpg

i9Jprky.jpg

Hi mate welcome aboard. Nice part of the world you are in. Spent a great time there a couple years back.

Looks identical to my old is200 sport. Yeah the headroom ain't great. One of the reasons why I really didn't want one in the 250 I now have!

Thanks guys,

A little digging and I think I have found all the information that I need to get the job done.

Found a pic of the front bolt

100_5335.jpg

1. switch of ignition

2. disconnect the battery

3. leave for 10 mins

4. disconnect loom from under seats

5. remove x4 bolts holding down the seat(plastic clips off)

refitment is reversal of removal, workshoip disclaimer is also in force

It looks like I can just loosen the rear bolts and undo the front enough to pop the spacers in, i dont think I will need to disconnect the Battery as the seat is not actually coming out.

I might post up a little how to if its of help to any one else.

Heres hoping 20mm makes a big difference :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links