Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Guess Persistence Is Key

al_bye

viewed two lS200 in a matter of two days both sports editions 55 plate and 02 plate. one had a leaky sun roof and made a puddle in the boot. The other took out for a good thrash i meant gentle stroll along the country lanes came back and smelt brake problems on passenger side. Got two more to view at weekend... Made up a cheat sheet to look for when doing my searches so thank you. You may of saved me big bucks. Fingers crossed you'll see some pics of my nice new toy :)

Good luck.

I would not walk away from one with hot brakes though. Might just be a sticky caliper / pads. Easy enough and cheap enough to swap if you know what you're doing (if a monkey like I can do it, anyone can ;) ).

You could get a good car at a low price.

I always prefer to buy a car with a few, known, problems that one that seem immaculate... but surprises me afterwards.

ive put the one with hot brakes on the list for a revisit. As i typed had a quote for work from a very reliable garage. chances are it was a stuck caliper. Made the dealer aware straight away and theyll call me when brake checks are done so not written off for sure.

Ive had the old sticky brake problem a few times. Nothing major and like you say deffinately not worth writing off. Not sure about the sunroof, could be a few things. Blocked drains, seals gone? Good luck though and always ask for advice!

I'm in two minds regarding a motor trader having a car for sale with a sticky caliper,you would have thought this would have been checked and recified before the car was put on offer, does this mean that the servicing has been scimped on?

It's going to need doing for a fresh MOT.

OK not a major problem but could be the difference between a firm sale and a "I'll think about it" for the dealer.

To be far to the trader it had just turned up servicing issues staff etc etc. I got the e-mail alert to say one had been put on the website and I was straight down there the following lunchtime. But to me if the prevouis owner wasn't to worried about driving it/didn't know about the caliper whats does it say about the rest of the car. But it's all part and parcel of looking for a s/h car. And the again the good fortune of having a good forum like this for a guide. Fingers crossed for this weekend the right one is out there it's just a case of tracking her down.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links