Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

All done! :0)

Quite easy actually - I even had a go doing the black part with the heated seats/lighter controls.

Very pleased - better than that God awful plasti-wood

post-50033-0-83624100-1399494112_thumb.j

post-50033-0-06116100-1399494139_thumb.j

post-50033-0-56430100-1399494155_thumb.j

• Like 1

Sorry but I have to ask...

If you find the plastic wood so bad... why did you buy the car in the first place!? Surely the RX is not that rare a car that you can't find one that ticks all the boxes with a bit of patience... or am I missing something?...

Hi Dan,

The overall look and drive of the car is great - the plasi-wood is a mod I knew I could update / convert, so it wasn't a game changer.

The car I bought was a great buy, low miles, full LSH and pretty much all the toys. A very well looked after and maintained motor. So I wasn't going to let it out me off - also, I didn't want to spend more on the RX400h yet.

• Like 2

Fair enough. It's just that buying a car like the RX and then starting to take it all apart makes me cringe... but that's not a criticism, more a reflection on my inexistant DIY skills!

Good luck with it... looks good so far...

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/5/2014 at 12:46 PM, oDUTCHYo said:

Right!

I'm stuck, I got these two bits off....

But I can't get the door wood trim off and the other two wood trim from the sliding centre console!.

Help please....

post-50033-0-11470500-1399308346_thumb.j

Hi oDUTCHYo and forum members!

I know this is an old thread, but I would really appreciate someone's help. Would you or someone mind explaining how you get the smaller of the two pieces above off?  I believe this is the piece that sits right in front of the cup holder, correct?  I have a 2007 RX350 with wood trim and that small piece got chipped on the beveled edge (about an inch long into the veneer - see attached pic).  I'd like to find out if it would be worth it to get it repaired or if it's possible.  Thanks!

2007 Lexus RX350 Console Wood Trim Damaged Part.jpg

Thank you, foxy-stoat!  I was hoping they would just pop out. I'm glad I didn't try that and end up breaking the piece.  How challenging is it to remove the console?  Again, thanks!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links