Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Smelly Air Con, Windows Misting Up...

Hi to all,

My RX350's air-con is beginning to smell musty and sometimes misting up the windows too. I wonder if

1. I should clean the system with Coma air con cleaner and 2. if there is a blockage somewhere, as I recently had a new windscreen fitted and noticed a fair amount of water at the base of the windscreen sloshing around, especially with the wet and cold weather we've been getting recently. A blockage somewhere? Both related?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

Sounds like the drain holes are blocked at bottom of windscreen. Make sure your footwells are dry also, as replacement windscreens are known to leak, finally change the pollen filter.

Thanks IanS200. Will check drain holes and pollen filter. Many thanks. Footwells seem dry at the moment. It's strange, the aircon only smells musty and windows steam up on occasion, not all the time.

Forgot to mention Ian, the windscreen was first changed a few months ago for a non Lexus one, but has now been changed again, due to awful quality of heater elements at bottom of windscreen giving up and shorting out (I think), to a Lexus one, which looked different and believe, obviously is the best and only choice. Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links